• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    WTF was up at this auction? Stuff went for over retail price. The only deals that I've seen was some CZ-52's sold for $150 -$175 & a tumbler for $10. Other than that is was gouge city. A M1 carbine that looked to be a Universal sold for $750. Llamas going for over $325 and then some. It was like these these %^%& wouldn't know a deal if it bit them in da...

Rant over.

I did pick up some match .22lr ammo at a good deal.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    kinda sounds like the J&J auction last week in columbus, I'm beginning to think they are using fake bidders again to drive up the price

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    It was the same at the auction in Bloomington last weekend. Stuff going for retail or more.

Example- A ruger p89 9mm, used. It went for $300 + $30 (10% auction fee)+ $15 transfer fee= $350 for a used ruger.

You can get a brand new P95 from Bud's for $300 shipped. Crazy.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I wish I could put my finger on it but I was warned before even going and talking to people in line for the viewing of the guns said, "There's not going to be any deals here today, everything is going to go high!"

Well I guess I had to see it for myself. I'm probably never be going to another Hoosier gun auction again.

Why do people go to an auction in the first place? To find deals below retail.

Oh well if you don't like the price don't but it. Well don't worry I won't be buying it. I'll get it somewhere else for cheaper.

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    I was at the sale in hillboro ,i bought the tumbler, mossberg 500 $350 ,ruger 10-22 $300 but yet i bought a kimber stainless target II for $700, and the man whom passed away was a dear friend as was most there, most lower end guns brought extreme prices but yet a colt 1911A1 brought $800 if youd like to know what the guns brought pm me wrote all them down

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    There are many 'shills' that the auctioneers use. There was a huge auction in Kokomo at Roby's Bullseye a few years back and the auctioneer got stuck with a lot of guns. Unscrupulous bastages! I had $3000.00 in my pocket and only bought a lever action 410 and a H&K USP in .45.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Yea, I was there in Hillsboro...nearly froze my butt off since it was held outside. Sure felt like an outsider since I wasn't driving a pick-up or wearing camo or overalls.

Heck, I never even bid on a gun and was there for over 2 1/2 hours. I'm guessing everyone was so flush with cash because the crops had just been harvested. Certainly appeared that no one had concerns about paying top dollar (and in some cases, more than msrp) for those firearms.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    I stopped bothering with auctions a while back. Everyone seems to get caught up in the moment and way overpay. I think being bad at math helps and a lot of people can't figure bid + 10% premium + 7% tax + transfer, on the fly in their heads.

Top Bottom