• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brichindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    SW Indiana
    "He told police he was showing his wife how safe the gun was when he pulled the trigger and shot himself."

He broke one of the fundamental rules of gun safety: finger off trigger until gun sights are on target

This clown shouldn't ever touch another firearm...ever.

Talk about giving gun owners a bad rep (some of my anti-gun family who love to rub in these types of articles in my face :xmad:) because only police know how to safely handle firearms.[SIZE=+2]
    [/SIZE]

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Good thing it was a 45. Story could have been a lot worse had it been a .25 or .32.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Countless thousands carry a firearm daily in Indiana and we never have the opportunity to positively influence public opinion regarding our 2A rights. One idiot screws up and his stupidity is broadcast to millions.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Good thing it was a 45. Story could have been a lot worse had it been a .25 or .32.

When showing a feature on a handgun, how does one shoot oneself in the belly?

"see honey? It won't go off as long as your finger isn't on the trigger. If something else moves the trigger, like this pencil, it won't ... BANG!!..."

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    So... you guys think it was a 21, a 30, or a 36? Or I guess it could have been one of the GAP models, I might have ASSUMED ACP...

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Countless thousands carry a firearm daily in Indiana and we never have the opportunity to positively influence public opinion regarding our 2A rights. One idiot screws up and his stupidity is broadcast to millions.

How'd you like to watch 10 hours of news broadcasts each day filled with things like "Orville Pudwhacker carried a handgun in public for 14 hours today. Other than bruising a hip when he bumped a door frame, there were no injuries. Police spokeswoman Rita Hankywringer said "These incidents of ordinary citizens carrying handguns brazenly IN PUBLIC are becoming more common."

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "He told police he was showing his wife how safe the gun was when he pulled the trigger and shot himself."

He broke one of the fundamental rules of gun safety: finger off trigger until gun sights are on target

Talk about giving gun owners a bad rep (some of my anti-gun family who love to rub in these types of articles in my face :xmad:) because only police know how to safely handle firearms.[SIZE=+2]
    [/SIZE]

Yes, he broke THAT rule too, but he totally screwed up the FIRST rule of firearms safety.

Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction!

If he had obeyed that first rule, no-one would have gotten hurt, even though it DID go off!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    People are just dumb. Only pull the trigger if you plan on discharging a round!!

Or, of course, if you're stripping it to clean it, etc.

[/SIZE]

Also, it seems to me he broke ALL FOUR of the Four Rules:

1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never point at anything you don't want to destroy
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger 'til your sights are on the target.
    4. Know your target and your backstop.

Yep. Broke all four. This is why we encourage (not mandate) training.

Blessings,
    Bill

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    When showing a feature on a handgun, how does one shoot oneself in the belly?

"see honey? It won't go off as long as your finger isn't on the trigger. If something else moves the trigger, like this pencil, it won't ... BANG!!..."

Maybe was pointed at ground in an attempt at safety but when it fired it went through a fat roll :)

:D

Top Bottom