• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    i want to start paperwork on a suppressor in lafayette, but im told that the sheriff has to sign off on it. Im also told that they refuse to sign anything because they are busy. Any insight?

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Well if his ass-hattery continues, you can try to have the DA or a judge sign instead. If you want to bypass the signoff entirely you can have a trust created as well.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Thank you.. Does a trust bypass that signature for only one or for all future nfa requests?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    i want to start paperwork on a suppressor in lafayette, but im told that the sheriff has to sign off on it. Im also told that they refuse to sign anything because they are busy. Any insight?

Who is telling you this? Why is this person saying this?

Tracy Brown has signed multiple Form 4s for me. I cannot remember how long it took but I do not remember any undue waiting.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel

Tracy Brown has signed multiple Form 4s for me. I cannot remember how long it took but I do not remember any undue waiting.

No reason to give names. It was from what i consider a reliable source, but i would consider yours to be even more so. Just checking, and thanks for your help.

madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.

I took a form 4 to Tracy for sign off and they left a message that it was done before I got home. I only lived 30 mins. from his office.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    tracy has signed several form 1 and 4's now if you are truely in lafayette i have no idea about lafayette police chief

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Sorry, didn't mean to pry. I only wanted like generic descriptions, like "the gun shop that whats me to by another gun instead of a suppressor".:D

Right on. It was a good friend, not a shop. This is the first place I came to confirm or deny the statement. Looks like I have nothing to worry about after all. I'm also downtown. If you feel like helping with some advice, please send me a private message.

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    I just dropped my forms off today for signature. They said it would be a couple days as they are very busy, but nothing was ever mentioned about refusing to sign off. They'll call me when the forms are ready.

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    As an update, I received my signed forms back today. They were very nice and very helpful. I really don't see anyone having any issues unless you create them for yourself.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Gloria at the Sheriff's office fingerprinted me today. She was as friendly as always and I am sure I'll have them back in couple. The Sheriff is really great about signing them as long as you have a clean background.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom