$5.00 admission.
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult.​

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I have never been to this show but thought I might head down there since I will be just north of Lafayette Saturday. What can I expect size wise, etc.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Awww. I'm headed north to Michigan to do some steelhead fishing this weekend.
    Next time...

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have never been to this show but thought I might head down there since I will be just north of Lafayette Saturday. What can I expect size wise, etc.

Nice show - moderate size - similar in size to Kokomo, Tipton, and the like. Free parking, $5 entrance fee, decent food at the small vendor at good prices.

Although the variety of items is not as great as Indy, sometimes some prices on guns and Ammo are better. Last show I bought 5k of SR mag primers for $34 /M. Bought some bullets (cheaper than the Indy show last week) and a few other items.

Son, a friend and I will be attending on Sunday.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just got back. My favorite reloading supplier was out of primers and didn't have much selection of powder. FMJ and plated projectiles were to highly priced for me to bite.

Elsewhere, .22LR is still crazy; $50-$80 per brick. They can sell it to other people who have deeper pockets then me. I'll just leave the guns in the safe. I am okay with that.

And this is what I don't get: shotgun shells. They are plentiful pretty much everywhere, but at the show they are trying to get 2-3 times the going rate from the stores.

AR prices were good. Most of what I looked at were pre-panic prices easily.

Ruger 10-22's were reasonable.

I didn't buy anything... Met a friend there and talked for awhile, then back home to the chore list.:)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Powder, once fired brass and bullets.:) I was on the powder like an INGOer on a bacon sandwhich.

Based on the pricing, apparently there is no more .22 rimfire being made in the United States.

AR prices are coming back down but I will still hold off a few months until we get to a buyer's market.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    I actually laughed at the guy towards the front when he told me what the bricks of aguila were going for.

Picked up 1lb of varget (the only one I saw at the show), a brick of cci small pistol and a brick of cci small rifle. I over paid a little, but I needed them. Gun prices were ok, ammo was still way over priced. No screamin gun deals, the pistols me and the wife were looking at we could get at our favorite local shop for about the same price.

Worth the 5 bucks to get in and look around.

Top Bottom