• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My long time kydex holster maker has become too busy to take care of my needs. Who do you all deal with for your kydex?

I'm looking for a tried and true solid product that puts my gun where I need it and keeps it there through thick and thin. I train a lot with my life saving tools. Holster failure is not an option in training or on the street. With all due respect to the small businessman, at this time I'm not looking to be a guinea pig for a brand new operation.

I'm also looking for reasonable turn around time from ordering to receiving. +/- 2 weeks is what I call reasonable. I am not happy with the tired old axiom of "all holster companies are blah, blah weeks out on delivery." I have little patience when my money is in limbo. I want my product ASAP.

It would be foolish to say that money is no object, but I have MANY hundreds of $ invested in my current rigs. I don't mind spending on the high end for a quality guaranteed product.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thank you. No I haven't tried anyone yet. Just soliciting advice and experience for now.

I don't know much about Kydex holsters, but this guy is really nice, and I saw some of his work at a match one day. It looked good, had good retention and attention to detail as far as I was concerned. I am going to have him make me one for my Ruger MKII Target pistol and possibly my 1911 this winter.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    grunt soldier of Custom Kydex Solutions does awesome work and provides great service...
    Here is the last one he did for me.

1349232397795.jpg

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    If your still browsing check out Hooch Holsters. He is an INGO supporter and is local to Greenwood.

I have his pistol mag and pmag holsters and I am about to order a gun with light holster as well.

I've ran the stuff i have now for about 6 months now without an issue. It has been nothing but perfection for me. He uses quality kydex and makes great fitting gear. The best about it is his turn around time. I think he gets all his stuff out in under 2 weeks. My mag holsters took like 4 days. His prices also beat anything else I have seen. He is also a police officer for Greenwood. He knows what works and what doesn't and he wont put a piece of equipment out there that isn't quality.

That's just my :twocents: Check him out.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I believe esrice had a good review on MILLSUSAF a while back ago...

I bet you're thinking of Hooch Holsters.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7-review_hooch_holsters_single_mag_pouch.html

I know Jeff personally and he's a good dude and makes a good product. They aren't as "polished" as the Standard (RCS), but they are indeed functional. His holsters remind me of Raven's stuff 5 years ago when they were newer to the game.

I do have a very early prototype AR mag pouch from Mills Tactical. It's just OK, but I'm confident he's improved his product since then.

I have no experience with Henry Holsters or Custom Kydex Solutions.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My next holster purchase will be a Hooch..

I have seen his mag carriers, and his holsters and am pretty impressed. Especially considering his prices, and turn around time. If I had money and time to burn, I might go with Raven, but I don't, so Hooch is a more affordable alternative that you get back in days, not months..

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bet you're thinking of Hooch Holsters.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7-review_hooch_holsters_single_mag_pouch.html

I know Jeff personally and he's a good dude and makes a good product. They aren't as "polished" as the Standard (RCS), but they are indeed functional. His holsters remind me of Raven's stuff 5 years ago when they were newer to the game.

I have no experience with Henry Holsters or Custom Kydex Solutions.

Millsusaf's name is Brian. Last I knew he was an Airman, but out now I think.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ooooh, appropriate timing for a Erika and Cory vid to hit my inbox. I notice they are introducing a bit of humor. Love it!:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwZJmD02AM&feature=em-uploademail-new[/ame]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thank you all for the input. Please keep it coming.
    FYI - amhenry sent me a PM earlier and hopefully we'll do some biz soon.
    I'm still shopping though, always have some idea for something to try different.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    We can help you out for sure. We have been making holsters and sheaths for over 3 years now and take great pride in everything we put into a customers hands. We do a lot of work for IMPD swat guys and the bomb squad guys also. I have also done a lot of work for guys on the forum here. My wait time is around 2 weeks usually so if you are interested shoot me or my brother Grunt Soldier a PM.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Thank you all for the input. Please keep it coming.
    FYI - amhenry sent me a PM earlier and hopefully we'll do some biz soon.
    I'm still shopping though, always have some idea for something to try different.

check out our holsters. we make some of the best stuff around no question about. we are site sponsors and would love to help you out. we hand make all holsters and belt loops. the vast majority of our customers say they are the most comfortable holsters they have ever worn.

c20a5628dd2b7863f7772ae80eefd5ad_zpsfbdc3c29.jpg

47f6deb9ac39538e9d058d20203b7ca5_zpsccbf5804.jpg

e9798be8e60805654ee53881a283ef73.jpg

7b731d64.jpg
    \

5713c31b.jpg

Top Bottom