• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    My 6 year old came home from school today, and off-handedly mentioned that his kindergarden class had gone to a "gun safety class" at school today. I asked what it was, and he recited the 4 rules: "STOP. Don't touch. Leave the area. Tell an adult." I asked him if it was Eddy Eagle, and he asked me how I knew that. He told me it was put on by "Officer Bob."

I was very pleasantly surprised, and just wanted to tell everyone that Beech Grove Schools is providing the NRA's 'Eddy Eagle' program to their kindergarden classes, and it is being apparently well taught by "Officer Bob." I never found out what department Officer Bob is with, but he did a very good job, since my son remembered the rules, and was able to tell me all about it.

Thanks to both!!

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I grew up in California. We had a police officer come to the school and teach us never to gamble with diarrhea, because its a bet that you will never win. I think the group was called M.A.D.D. Mothers Against Dirty Drawers, but I was young, so I'm not sure now.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    That's awesome! Have you called the school to thank them for providing this program?

Not yet, it was too late by the time I found out. I will though tomorrow. I'm really thrilled by the whole thing. The fact that they had it. In this time of political correctness where the mere word "gun" is used as an excuse to expel students, they actually had the cajones to teach a class that is useful and can possibly save lives. And the class was taught in a way that was apparently fun and interesting for the students. AND, my 6 year old can recite it verbatim, so the class/teaching was effective.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Thats cool they do this for the kids.. Not all kids get that training. With you being a gun owner, your kid already knew those 4 things didnt he?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I am glad, I did not know, that it was in Ind., schools at all...
    Eddie Eagle, or Officer Bob, says the same thing that the fireman says,
    if you see a gun, do not touch, leave the area, tell an adult.
    The libs., can't stand it, the firemen are welcomed in the school, during Fire Prevention week. (Oct. I think), but "gun safety, well you know...
    Glad they got the info... GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    Bravo to Beech Grove Schools!! Here's hoping more schools realize that a well rounded education is about more than math and spelling!

Top Bottom