• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just purchased this Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in .40 S&W about two weeks ago. I've done a few simple mods, and polished everything I possibly could. Here are a few pics...

S2K.jpg

S2K2.jpg

S2KBolt.jpg

Polished Bolt/charging handle/threaded ring thing

S2KFolded.jpg

S2Kpolish.jpg

I covered some threads at the base of the barrel with a copper cylinder

All in all, I love this little gun...not sure if I should have posted this in "Long Guns" or "Handguns" :dunno: :cool:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    The only thing I dont like about mine so far is the "stock" really beats the crap out of my cheek when I shoot it, and its only a 9mm.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The only thing I dont like about mine so far is the "stock" really beats the crap out of my cheek when I shoot it, and its only a 9mm.

Yep. It gets worse with the .40. However, if you carry a Glock, I see it as a great add on to have with you. It elevates a 9mm to a .357 power level with the long barrel. .40 gets to 10 mm. And I didn't have a problem keeping them on a paper plate at 50 yards.

papakevin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Good looking gun. I just got my Sub 2000 after looking around for a while. All I can say is it was worth the wait. My quick observations:

- Shoots better than expected. Very accurate at 75 yards without any adjustments.
    - Flawless operation, using the extended Glock 17 mags, loaded with 30 rounds.
    - Kicks much more than expected.
    - Stock is a bit too short and I will be checking out the bolt tube cover.
    - Too fun to shoot. Went through more ammo than expected.

Would love to add a forward grip and a rail for a red dot. Open to any and all suggestions.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Would love to add a forward grip and a rail for a red dot. Open to any and all suggestions.

I pretty much just dremeled little indents in the bottom forend to house screws. Bought a picatinny rail and attached it on the botton with a couple washers and nuts. Simple and sturdy. If you mess up..Kel-Tec sells the forend on their website for 30 bucks..not too shabby. Did the same thing on the front, and put a laserlyte V3 on it..which makes it so I don't need a red dot on top.. l'd like to keep the folding feature, so I don't think I'll be mounting anything on top. I love trying modifications on this gun..it's so EASY!!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I got one of those rubber covers for mine, it's served me well while shooting. I have the .40 version, and my face feels great after shooting...the shoulder is a different story.

Here is a link to it...its only $13...they make 3 products for the S2K that are necessities.

Tacticool Products - SUB-2000 Bolt Tube Cover
    Thanks for that link :yesway: I just ordered the cover for my sub2k

Top Bottom