• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Good to know. This is the first time I've seen it. Haven't done any wood projects in a long time, except for some french doors I made a couple of years ago.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    My parents owned a shop at one time,my dad had one for about 20 years,they are worth the money imho

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've had the Kreg jig for over a year. Love it. My son used it with his 4-H woodworking project last year and won Grand Champion at the Porter County Fair and a blue ribbon at state.

I use their screws, but I suppose there are substitutes out there. It needs a straight shank, threads only on about the first half of the screw, and a pan head. Don't use regular wood screws. The Kreg screws aren't that expensive and are available at Menards, maybe other places. Pay attention to their recommendations for length and pitch. Fine for hardwood, course for soft and don't overtighten.

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    I own a cabinet shop and have had one from the first year they came out...they are great. If it's a hidden joint it's a go to. And I buy screws by the case.
    cshardware.com

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Worked for a small custom cabinet maker for a few years. Kreg products were the easiest fastest guides ever. They make a table version that is electric powered that was great when doing volume work. Easy to use in the field. You don't have to buy their screws. Can't recommend them enough.

Bob

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Dang, I've been so out of the loop. Haven't even watched Norm in years. Gotta think of something to build now. Flower boxes? A deck box? An ammo chest?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wait, that was "Kreg", not "Krag". I have some cabinets to build; probably better Kreg joints than anything from a semiauto rifle.

Top Bottom