• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I was searching for ammo prices and after I cooled down :chillout: I searched the mags and found these "KCI" Korean Glock mags:

AMMOMAN.COM

Search the "magazines" and they're listed on the top w/ pics.....

:popcorn:

BTW, I am a Glock fan, BWTH!!!!

SCriswell

Plinker
    Rating - 60%
    3   2   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Korean Glock mags.

I've been reading about htese magazines on the web. I would not waste any money on them. Glocks mag loader will not function wth them.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've got several KCI's. I've never had ANY issues with them, ever. In fact I change them out with the factory Glock mags like they are the same brands. They are good to go. I own them, I've shot them, I know.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've got several KCI's. I've never had ANY issues with them, ever. In fact I change them out with the factory Glock mags like they are the same brands. They are good to go. I own them, I've shot them, I know.

I bought 6 KCI G17 mags for $11.00 a pop, delivered. Couldn't touch factory mags for that. I have run them exclusively at the last two FNS matches and have not had any problems. Initially they were a PITA to load, and I got a lot of plastic flakes out of them (burrs and flashing and whatnot wearing off the inside). Last time out, I noticed they were much easier to load by hand now that they had "worn in." IME, the Glock mag loader will work with them, just not for the first couple rounds. After that, it just takes a bit more effort.

If you can get 'em cheap, they make decent range/training mags, but I wouldn't put them on the same level of quality as OEM.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was searching for ammo prices and after I cooled down :chillout: I searched the mags and found these "KCI" Korean Glock mags:

AMMOMAN.COM

Search the "magazines" and they're listed on the top w/ pics.....

:popcorn:

BTW, I am a Glock fan, BWTH!!!!

Those KCI mags are GOOD magazines. They do not drop free, but otherwise are excellent. They were made for a South Korean military contract.

However, ammoman is OVER-CHARGING for them by 50%. Those are readily available for $10 to $12 (highest internet price I've seen before today) each, so at $15 per magazine Ammoman is making a hefty margin. I do see those same magazines for $15 to $18 at gun shops or at gun shows, but those guys have overhead that the internet people don't have and typically the gun shop/gun show guys will deal down on the price if you drop cash on the table.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yep, just got 5 from Midway for $11.99/. Used them at Sunday's USPSA, not one issue as far as feed and dropping free. I would mentiond that I was practicing mag changes the day before and cracked the edge of the base plate on two of them, still functioned (with 10 rds), but made me suspicious. Would I by them again? Sure, they work well and allow me to afford enough mags to compete. There is another place that had 10 for $100 but they were out of stock. The oem mags are definately better, depends on what you want.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    Ive got 1 in my mix of 5 glock mags, and it works just like the others. I dont use the glock autoloader anyways...i find it slower at times...and its not like i carry that thing around

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The KCIs are great mags, but you have to run some rounds through them to determine if you have any bad ones, which crop up from time to time. The bad ones are usually solved with a Glock spring or follower. I have had some for quite some time and would depend on the good ones for bad situations. The bad mags are usually fixed, then relegated to range duty. As far as the mag loader not working, I have NEVER used the mag loader in my life. I think it's just a piece of plastic...my mag loader has no writing and can be used to give people an approving sign (thumbs up!! :D ).

As far as the used LE mags, the availability on them is sometimes spotty and they are sometimes REALLY beat up. You will probably spend some loot rehabing them. I have bought some, I know they are sometimes beat up. The pic CDNN gives is almost always never a good representation of the product, but they do have decent pricing.

Comes down to: KCI are great mags, for 9mm. They dont make any .40 mags, so comparing G22 mags to kCI G19 mags in price isn't really correct.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The bad ones are usually solved with a Glock spring or follower.

At which point, the cost is roughly the same as a used OEM mag.

As far as the used LE mags, the availability on them is sometimes spotty and they are sometimes REALLY beat up. The pic CDNN gives is almost always never a good representation of the product,

IME, the quality of CDNN's used/LE Glock mags has always been better than advertised. I ordered some used G27 mags for $9.99ea prior to the election; they showed up and all were like new, two even had Pearce +1 baseplates installed. More recently, I ordered some LE G22 mags; several had the "Restricted" markings, but all were in excellent condition with only minor wear on the feed lips and at the mag catch cutout. No rack numbers, dirt, scuffs/scratches/cracks, or scarred-up floorplates. Availability, however, is unpredictable, especially now.

YMMV.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I bought 6 KCI G17 mags for $11.00 a pop, delivered. Couldn't touch factory mags for that. I have run them exclusively at the last two FNS matches and have not had any problems. Initially they were a PITA to load, and I got a lot of plastic flakes out of them (burrs and flashing and whatnot wearing off the inside). Last time out, I noticed they were much easier to load by hand now that they had "worn in." IME, the Glock mag loader will work with them, just not for the first couple rounds. After that, it just takes a bit more effort.

If you can get 'em cheap, they make decent range/training mags, but I wouldn't put them on the same level of quality as OEM.

Understood. I have not had any issues at all with them but I see what you are saying about the burrs n stuff. They do require a courtesy firearm flush after the first couple uses. lol.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    IME, the quality of CDNN's used/LE Glock mags has always been better than advertised. I ordered some used G27 mags for $9.99ea prior to the election; they showed up and all were like new, two even had Pearce +1 baseplates installed. More recently, I ordered some LE G22 mags; several had the "Restricted" markings, but all were in excellent condition with only minor wear on the feed lips and at the mag catch cutout. No rack numbers, dirt, scuffs/scratches/cracks, or scarred-up floorplates. Availability, however, is unpredictable, especially now.

YMMV.

I do admit, the ones I recieved from CDNN were 50/50. Some were "chewed" up (dont ask me!! :D ), but the others were pretty good to damned fine condition. The chewed up ones were sent back, they sent me new ones (new!!).

Top Bottom