• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just got back from the Kokomo Gun Show ,what a disapointment .
    Lots of overpriced junk and most ammo was way to high
    a 50 rd box of WWB 45 acp for 34.00 dollars
    a Brick of 22 lr @ 40.00 dollars and this wasnt match ammo just plain old 22s
    I dont know the dealers name who had it but I WILL remember His face and He will NEVER see any of my business in the future
    There was one dealer who had new in box Federal 9mm for 14.00 a box that was the best deal I saw there
    Sorry that I went

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Yep, it was pretty lame. I was there from around 2:45pm to 3:30pm and I am pretty sure I saw everything there, twice. Was looking for a dealer that might be selling Glock parts (looking for a slide stop lever), but alas, there were none to be found. The best looking part of the entire show was the Appleseed Shoot table. I stopped there for a few. Got the daughter a Kalishnakitty sticker. Headed home.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Just got back. Pretty much sucked. 2 best deals I saw was a tin of 7.62x39 for $150 and a Makarov IJ70 for $225 w/2 mags and 2 grips.
    I did a few laps and went back for the Mak and ....it was being wrapped for the new owner.....:noway: Oh well ya snooze ya lose.

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    You guys should've went to the gun auction in the old Button Motors building downtown today.

Taste of Kokomo still going strong.Downtown square.Lot's of food and vendors!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just got back. Pretty much sucked. 2 best deals I saw was a tim of 7.62x309 for $150 abd Makarov IJ70 for $225 w/2 mags and 2 grips.
    I did a few laps and went back for the Mak and ....it was being wrapped for the new owner.....:noway: Oh well ya snooze ya lose.

7.62x309 is one long-*** cartridge! That would be over a foot long in US measurements! ;):D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was there this morning around 11. First time in 4 years that I actually had money (daughter graduated college!) so was really looking forward to picking something up. All I saw was overpriced rifles, a few nice pistols but again, the prices were out of line with MSRP. Granted it is suggested retail, but I will not pay higher than that.

Was really bummed out when I found that Jeff Johnson wasn't there. Was hoping to at least come home with some of his great chocolate!

Oh well, at least I ran into some friends and had some nice conversations!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I needed the good laugh after seeing a couple of Norinco 84s going for $1500 and $1800!!!! I wonder what those sellers were smoking?

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Still a day to come up and see us in Shipshewana. We have 230 gr .45 ACP for $21.70, .38 Spl for $18, 9mm for $16-17. Look for the red box ammo of Acme Ammunition.

Mike

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Well, I'd pretty much say the big scare of '08 is over. I did see lots of stuff overpriced, 'specially ARs and ammo, but it just wasn't moving. The vendors know it's not moving, just a matter of time till the light comes on and the price comes down. ON the other hand, though, I did see quite a few interesting things that WEREN'T so overpriced, got in a nice drive, and actually did buy something. A bottle of doe in heat pee from Dirk Harris! That ought to bring 'em runnin'! Thanks Dirk!
    Andy

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    I'm planning on going out there tomorrow. This will be the first gun show that I've been to. Anyone know the rules and regs for buying guns there? Is it the same as buying from a regular dealer?

Thanks

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'm planning on going out there tomorrow. This will be the first gun show that I've been to. Anyone know the rules and regs for buying guns there? Is it the same as buying from a regular dealer?

Thanks
    Same as buying at a store. Most sellers are FFL holders and will require the standard background check. There are a couple of private sellers there selling their personal firearms and do not require the paperwork.

Nemick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Fishers
    Same as buying at a store. Most sellers are FFL holders and will require the standard background check. There are a couple of private sellers there selling their personal firearms and do not require the paperwork.

Okay, Thats pretty much what I thought. Thanks for the prompt response.

rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    well i went today you will not find a deal on a gun there did see some primers they were anywhere from 40 per k to 80 per k. i did see 45acp 230 gr. fmj bullets for 150 per k. i went to try to find a choke tube for a benn. but that was pointless was not there for an hour and seen it all twice

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Went to the show today. As everyone said, prices were still too high for arms and ammo. I did score a Kahr P9 with two mags for $350. Great deals can be had if you get to know the dealers. The show circuit has been slow for the last couple of months and they need to convert assets to cash. I hope prices keep falling. The only thing that would change the trend is if the GOV gets done with screwing up health care and sets their sights on firearms.

49CJ3A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I went to the show first thing Sat morning. I would agree ammo prices were high, retail stickers were high and attendance seemed next to shows from last winter and spring. However this was my first trip to Kokomo and I really liked the facility and the show itself. Myself and friend both walked away for 2 great deals each. We found we just had to keep making offers.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I could have sworn I saw a sig marked $390...of course when I went back it wasn't there. I got myself a little Heritage .22lr with a .22 mag cylinder.

Top Bottom