• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Absolute moron. I'm sure he'll be in the woods this fall with a 300WinMag making more great decisions and serving as a representative of hunters near and far.

Lock him up. Make him pay the medical bills.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Absolute moron. I'm sure he'll be in the woods this fall with a 300WinMag making more great decisions and serving as a representative of hunters near and far.

I hope that he may catch some kind of firearms negligence and/or recklessness charge... Of course, if he does, it'll probably be plead down to something lesser (which would generally occur should it be a guy's first time in trouble).

Stupid stupid stupid.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The sentence should definitely include restitution. It is hard to put in words how dumb this guy must be. I get a distinct Elmer Fudd image in my mind.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Grandpa had some pellets in his head courtesy of a guy who was pheasant hunting back in the day.

That said, hunter's safety training has made a big difference. I remember hearing a stat a while back that said something like the number of hunting accidents had been cut in half at the same time the number of hunters had doubled (which was attributed to hunter's safety classes).

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

But how do IN turkey hunters differ than those in Kentucky and other HP rifle deer states ? ;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Some arse on social media was equating the turkey incident to deer hunting trauma this fall............

well if one is hunting with deer decoys and not wearing hunter orange maybe...............................

I have always been nervous about turkey hunting public ground.............and private for that matter (since my old spot was so good, had some trespasser/poacher problems).
    Places I hunt now, I am above my deke or back to the ridge........to shoot at my deke, one has to be out in front (see them coming in and either confront or move behind tree for added safety).

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I had a guy stalk in on my decoys once on state land. I was in a 3d leafy suit in a down tree top brushed in pretty well. I keep an orange hat in my vest for the walk out. As soon as I saw the jackwagon, errr I mean "hunter", I pulled it out and started waving it and screaming at him. Dude about freaked. I told him of my displeasure using every word that the language filter here would pick up, packed up my gear, and went home. The idiots are out there. Be safe peeps.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    There's a reason why one NEVER uses a gobble call.

See a stationary hen, or just hear a hen..............assume it's a deke and or a hunter. Don't investigate, just move someplace else.

D*mnit, this stuff isn't that hard. Kinda like .24 and .30 cal and 1.16 min.

BTW, I refuse to use a tom deke for safety reasons.

Wonder if the guy shot a tom deke or hen deke..............before pelting the deke owner.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If someone Dick Cheneys you while hunting, but it doesn't incapacitate you immediately, what are the ramifications at returning fire? Seems like a case for self-defense could be made.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    If someone Dick Cheneys you while hunting, but it doesn't incapacitate you immediately, what are the ramifications at returning fire? Seems like a case for self-defense could be made.

Was telling the wife this last night. It would be real hard not to return fire. I still just can't believe how stupid people are. Shoot decoy from across the field, stalked it, then shoot it again? This "hunter" should never own a firearm.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If someone Dick Cheneys you while hunting, but it doesn't incapacitate you immediately, what are the ramifications at returning fire?

Defensible but depends on what happened.

Scenario #1: shot or shots taken at Hunter B by Hunter A. No lull. Hunter B fires back. Likely defensible.

Scearion #2: shot taken at Hunter B by Hunter A. Hunter A drops gun and runs to Hunter B. Hunter B shoots Hunter A. Unlikely defensible.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The macho BS of some..........

really.

If you get shot you call out or retreat.

I still suspect a decent number of hunting accidents are somebody bonking their hunting bud's ol lady.

Top Bottom