• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I will be attending my first Knob Creek MGS this weekend with my brother and some buddies, so I've got some questions that I wasn't able to get answered by searching.

As far as I understand, using your LTCH to carry in Kentucky is ok. Is carry of a firearm allowed at the actual event?

For those Knob Creek veterans, what tips and tricks do you have for us new guys?

I've heard hearing protection and shoes you don't mind getting dirty are a must. What other essential items would I need to take?

I've heard the earlier we get there the better as the parking situation can get a little dicey. We are all young and fit so we don't mind walking some distances.

Do they allow you to carry a book bag in to help you carry items?

As of right now it looks like the weather is going to be gorgeous. I will be at the event Saturday and Sunday.

:ar15: :rockwoot:

Last edited:

50bmgshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Greenfield
    Carry is allowed. Firearms must be checked and zip-tied.

Biggest tip- Bring money.......Bring LOTS of money

Comfortable shoes are a good idea. Hearing protection isn't really needed unless you will be watching the shoot from directly behind the line. Take water or a drink with you. Many people will take food , leave it in coolers in their car, and then go back out to their car to eat lunch later in the day and rest. I just buy a pizza and eat it when I'm walkin around.

Parking should be easy until( and close to the entrance) until around 11 or 12. then it will start to get packed and the walk will be longer.

You can carry packs in, but if you follow my biggest tip above ^. You will not have enough room! I usually make 2-3 trips back to my truck.

I'll be there Saturday. It's a great show and very fun. Enjoy it!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This will be my 1st too. I'm stoked & will be helping a buddy with merchandise for his gun store.

I'll be wearing one of my INGO shirts so say hi!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Bring a backpack!!!!! Makes it way better, we parked in the first couple rows in the spring and I was still glad to have the pack. Granted I made 3 or 4 trips but it was still better. Bring a poncho just in case and plenty of money, and good hearing and eye protection. Lastly enjoy, it's a great experience!

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    All of the above.

Been going since 1992, It's great, I hope you guys going for first times enjoy yourselves, might also consider a camera and sun screen.

If you buy ammo there are guys on mules that will haul you out to your vehicle, or if you get tired walking, or have a lousy back, like me.

Enjoy

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    If you haven't seen any videos, look up Knob Creek on youtube.
    That will give you a rough idea on what to expect.
    Comfortable shoes, cash, earplugs and a backpack if your looking to buy something.
    Lots of local guys running atv's back and forth to the distant parking available for a couple of bucks if you don't want to walk.

Fork trucks onsite if your plans include bulk ammo or a big gun purchase.

It's a pretty cool event to witness.
    I'm awe struck each time I go and I know what to expect.

Ask the times the big guns are going to open up and try your best to get
    near the front line before they start. (did I say earplugs)
    They shoot several times during the day.
    (if wearing shorts, stand behind a big person, you'll thank me later)

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    damn I dont think I can make this one as my buddys bachelor party is sat. Ive been wanting to go for awhile. :(

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    damn I dont think I can make this one as my buddys bachelor party is sat. Ive been wanting to go for awhile. :(

If you don't get too drunk at your buddy's party, you can always go Sun.

Here is a link for those that want to know what knob creek is all about.:rockwoot:

Machine Gun Shoot | Knob Creek Gun Range Machine Gun Shoot | Famous Machine Gun Shoot | Knob Creek Gun Range

Up date....I just got back, it was a great show & shoot I got a bunch of pictures, I'll post them later.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom