• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    As I mentioned in another thread, last week I bought Miguel Jr. his first knife from Brad while at the Kokomo show.

Since then, I am now reading the knife threads and classifieds, which I had never really done before.

Is there a cure for this? :laugh:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    No, and the only thing that helps is attempting to infect as many others as you possibly can.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    As I mentioned in another thread, last week I bought Miguel Jr. his first knife from Brad while at the Kokomo show.

Since then, I am now reading the knife threads and classifieds, which I had never really done before.

There is a cure, but its a very painful pagan ritual and involves self mutilation. :rolleyes:

Better to attempt to manage the habit. Don't do what I did for years fluctuate between folders and fixed blades. Focus on one or the other, its cheaper that way. :cool:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Man, I have watched three Esee Junglas videos on youtube in the past hour...and was also saw a couple of Izula ones in the "you might also like" section.

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis

Why on earth would you want a "cure"??? GOD has given you a CALLING!! Think of it as a kind of enlightenment. :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    <hanging head> Yeah, I know...I may have to hit their table at the Indy show next weekend after I leave Andrew's reloading class. I mean, from where I live, I'm halfway there at that point, right?

So, what's your EDC folder?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I know you're pain. In the past two weeks I have bought a Spuderco from Brad and an ESEE and another Spyderco in the classifieds.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hello my name is Kawtech and I have been a knife and bladed weapon junky since I was 5 or so. At last count I owned well over 150 knives. I was only able to kick the habbit when I turned 21 and could start buying handguns. But I was just trading one addiction for another and now 3 years later I own 12 Handguns. Now funds are a little bit short (new truck purchase) and I now have relapsed into my former knife habbit. There is no real cure you can only hope to control your symptoms with one knife purchase a month. Good luck to you sir, and happy collecting.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the only 'cure' is the temporary satisfaction of buying another knife with QUALITY steel :) but its only TEMPORARY! Its needs to be fed!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The hard stuff for me is Strider and Chris Reeve. My bank account has suffered ever since :laugh:

Ever since I found Busse it's never been the same. Throw in a RMJ Tactical Eagle Talon, Lion Steel, and a couple other odds and ends and my bank account has nagging and whining ever since.

No cure, knives are more infectious than guns. Just buy a new one a couple of times a year and hope the side effects are minimal.

That's for damn sure, knives are more infectious than guns. But you know when you really got it bad when you're thinking about selling some guns to fund your knife habbit :(

And "just" buying a couple new ones a year is impossible if you got it bad, unless by a couple you mean around 30 :):

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Ever since I found Busse it's never been the same. Throw in a RMJ Tactical Eagle Talon, Lion Steel, and a couple other odds and ends and my bank account has nagging and whining ever since.

That's for damn sure, knives are more infectious than guns. But you know when you really got it bad when you're thinking about selling some guns to fund your knife habbit :(

And "just" buying a couple new ones a year is impossible if you got it bad, unless by a couple you mean around 30 :):

yea it gets bad

Top Bottom