• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm traveling to Ontario, Canada next week for work and wondered about their knife laws. Google didn't turn up anything definitive. I'll be carrying a Spyderco Delica, which I actually use in my line of work (engineer) while troubleshooting customers' machines.

Any laws about blade length, or lockbacks (like England)? I'll be packing it in a checked suitcase through Toronto.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I just got back from a business trip to Georgetown, Ontario a few months ago. I carried a knife similar in size to yours and didn't have any problems at all. Here is a site for you to check out. The knife section is on page 5. If you get the chance visit the CN tower. The Steam Whistle brewery is pretty cool, too. and is right across the street. You can't beat free beer samples! If you have enough time you will only be about an hour from the falls. If you enjoy a good steak go to a place called the Keg. Expensive, but well worth it. There is one in Mississauga, just south of Toronto. Oh, and allow plenty of time at the airport coming back. You have to go through US customs at the airport in Toronto. Have a good trip, eh.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    DO NOT TAKE A KNIFE THAT YOU CAN OPEN WITH ONE HAND!! IT IS CONSIDERED A SWITCHBLADE AND COULD BE CONFISCATED.

A couple of years back a group of three of us were heading to Ontario for a bear hunt. My cousin just went out and bought a brand new Benchmade Skirmish full size and paid way to much for it. While at the border crossing they asked if we had any weapons and we said we had guns. We didn't even think to consider our hunting or pocket knives as weapons. Once we stopped for them to sign off on the guns they asked about our knives. IT WAS A BIG DEAL THAT WE FORGOT TO DECLARE THE KNIVES. The only knife we had a problem with was my cousins brand new knife and he almost lost it. An older gentleman there had an allen wrench and he tightened to the point where it took two hands to open the knife. Otherwise he would have lost it. Not trying you scare you from taking a knife into canada, but take something old fashioned looking and avoid the hassle. I was in Ontario last week and never had a problem with my Case pocket knife.

It's likely that they may or may not care, but it's something you should be aware of.

Top Bottom