• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive got a couple of knives I want to get a good edge put on. Is there anyone at the 1500 you guys would recommend? I remember one guy in the small room at the right, all the way to the end that sharpened knives, and that seemed to be all he did.

thanks,
    clay

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    they do a good job. not scary sharp but plenty sharp to cut your fingers off. plus they are "interesting" to talk to, lars has a funny little story about the guy, maybe he will share. but for the $3 they charge its worth it IMO.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    what types of knives and how dull?

one is the emerson mini commander I got for my dad at christmas. Not real dull, but not as sharp as when new.

the other is my cheapie S&W M&P.

Ive got a boker Im thinking about as well, but its about to get returned because the stupid lock keeps malfunctioning.

thanks,
    clay

Jet I

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    They guy with the belt sander thing on the table does it for $3...He was in the far right in the back using the front door as a reference. He was right across from the Fort Liberty Firearms booth. He sharpened my Benchmade which is not always an easy task and did and EXCELLENT job. I was very pleased. I recommend him for $3 a blade. The only better deal I have seen is in the basement of Smokey Mountain Knife works in Sevierville TN but you will save gas money getting it done next weekend at the gun show.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Does anybody know if he has a shop or is it just at gun shows? Because I have a couple I need to have sharpened and a buddy needs a few including a straight razor. I'll be in the indy area in a few weeks for a family event and if he's in the indy area that would be awesome anyother recommendations would be appreacated.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Sureshot, if you're coming down 65 you could swing through Delphi and hit Diamond V Outdoor Sports. He does a pretty good job for knives..

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They guy with the belt sander thing on the table does it for $3...He was in the far right in the back using the front door as a reference. He was right across from the Fort Liberty Firearms booth. He sharpened my Benchmade which is not always an easy task and did and EXCELLENT job. I was very pleased. I recommend him for $3 a blade. The only better deal I have seen is in the basement of Smokey Mountain Knife works in Sevierville TN but you will save gas money getting it done next weekend at the gun show.

I was just there. And I had a knife on me that I bought from them. And I did not know about the sharpening. I guess I need to go back.

I also FORGOT to get it sharpened yesterday. Dang I'm dumb.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Does anybody know if he has a shop or is it just at gun shows? Because I have a couple I need to have sharpened and a buddy needs a few including a straight razor. I'll be in the indy area in a few weeks for a family event and if he's in the indy area that would be awesome anyother recommendations would be appreacated.

they are from tennessee and travel the show circuit.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    The guys to go see at the 1500 are a couple named Graham and Susie, their company is called "Knife Sharpest". They charge roughly $3-4 a blade, and do an outstanding job. I had 5 knives sharpened by them today, three CRKT tantos and two Kershaws. The edge holds with heavy everyday use as well. My EDC knife was sharpened by them at the last 1500, and was still reasonably sharp from the last sharpening. I highly recommend their sharpening, it's just phenomenal. Can't be beat for the speed and quality of the work for the money.

Their card states they offer services of the following:

"Mobile Sharpening * Knives * Scissors * Clippers * Tools"

Their contact information is as follows for those of you interested:

Austin, TX
    4703 Burnet Rd.
    Austin, TX 78756
    512-467-9763

Evansville, IN
    1416 So. Linwood Ave.
    Evansville, IN 47713
    812-464-2950

Nashville, TN

Cell Phone
    512-297-3152

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

They'll do a straight blade razor for sure, I noticed them sharpening one at the last 1500. I can shave with any of the knives I had sharpened today without much effort!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I can grind out nicks and wet hone, I have leather and compound, as well as do serrated knives. I have a complete sharpening system. I don't do this for part time work although Indygunworks sends me some from time to time. I learned the trade as a wood worker for my carving tools. PM if interested (not an advertisement) just offering those in need.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    They'll do a straight blade razor for sure, I noticed them sharpening one at the last 1500. I can shave with any of the knives I had sharpened today without much effort!
    I talked to the guy for a while. He sharpened a knife for me and also explained to me that anything that can or needs to have an edge put on it, they can do it. He also sells the machines that he uses.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    +1 for those folks

Sorry I already forgot the couples name but Ive had 3 blades sharpened from them and they do quality work. Whenever I go to the 1500 I always pack my bag with a couple of knives for them.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I had two knives sharpened by them at the show. The first one was a cheapie S&W M&P spring assist knife. I wanted to use it as a test knife to see if I thought what they were doing was ok. After watching that first one, and seeing the outcome of the knife I found a couple things. 1) I thought they did a good job on the knife, seemed to know what was going on, and put a good edge on it. 2) The blade on that S&W seems pretty soft!

Next I had they sharpen my dad's Emerson Mini-Commander that I got him for Christmas last year. This is where I learned that Im think the S&W blade is soft. The Emerson blade barely has any thing removed from the blade when they sharpened it. The thing is very sharp again, and overall for $3.50 per knife, Im happy with it!

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    He sharpened a Kershaw Blade Trader kit for me yesterday and only charged me $5. Super nice people and great work. I also usually pack 4-5 each show for them to sharpen and they really are clean and sharp afterwards.

Top Bottom