• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It's a knife that can't cut, they should have started the grind for the main part of the edge WAY higher so that it wasn't so thick behind the edge. Made a quick $100 off it and now it's someone else's paperweight

Damn, cool design but glad to know that, I feel better holding out for a Carothers EDC2 or a Field Knife

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My first Zero Tolerance. The 0100 had been on my wish list for a long time. Funny that none of their current designs strike my fancy, but I'd fall for some "Holy Grail" discontinued model... Had to resort to ebay.

KJ7V0Tp.jpg

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I have an old Kershaw 1070 Echo that I really like. I got it used from an INGO classified. Problem is the sheath was pure crap. A little searching and INGO to the rescue again. Turns out a member here (slowhand) makes custom kydex sheaths. The little Echo isn't that much bigger than the CRKT Obake, and I like the idea of the minimalist inside the waist carry, so I had him do me up a sheath. Very happy with the results.

He5FUvY.jpg

vSBIhWf.jpg

As you can see, the Echo is only a bit longer than the Obake, but it has a much more substantial handle that fits my hand better. I can't grip small things very well, so this feels much more secure in hand. The Obake will go to my daughter to keep her safe at college. I gave my wife an identical one for her purse because she always has a problem closing folders...

npUslm8.jpg

34hQXd6.jpg

Anyway, Thanks go out to slowhand for the good work on the sheath. I'll be coming back...

Speaking of INGO, nova512 does my sharpening. You can see his work on the book of faces under Robs Razors.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Very nice. I used to have the Gerber folder version of that, but I sold it because I didn't like the plastic handle. I see the magic button. Is that an auto version? Who makes that?

I only have the fixed blade version now.

izfY4S9.jpg

It's a Gerber Mini-Covert. The handle is aluminum and it is an auto. It's got a 2.8 inch blade and is my EDC. It is an all around great knife.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Best looking knife I ever owned. I ordered this Mike Irie fighter online while in Iraq 2005. Carried it on 3 missions, until I got a small nick in the handle, then got scared I'd ruin it, and quit taking it out. Absolultely beautiful knife, that came with a crappy sheath. Sadly, I sold it after I got back. I was hurt, couldn't work, needed money. Now, I'd give my left nut to have it back.

ZPwTjhH.jpg

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    cMBnUw1l.jpg

This is is a Smoky Mountain Knife Works exclusive Benchmade 940. DLC Coated M390 Steel for the blade. The handle is carbon fiber with red resin infused. (Hard to see in this pic.)

One heck of a birthday present.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    v8ATFmt.jpg

Just for Rhino, my TOPS Black Rhino. Great camp knife, easy to sharpen and stays sharp during use. Just wish they didn't come with stupid plastic sheaths. I hate those, by far want to get a leather sheath for it but it has to wait until I get paid again…:cool:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, here are two of my automatic knives. One is from Bill Deshivs, maker of levererlettos, on top. The other is a gift from my father. BOTH have ABALONE SCALES/handles.

ZLDx5Fe.jpg

DnUW79S.jpg

I really love ABALONE on knives.:ingo::cool:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Kinda finding Abalone an obsession these days….

Top is a Steel Mountain brand lock blade with a Blue Abalone set of scales
    The bottom is from Cherokee brand, 2 blades, no locking mechanisms (DK what to actually call this though), with Crushed RED Abalone

O6NK3ku.jpg

Top Bottom