• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I've determined that keeping my Delica in my front right pocket DOES NOT work when my LCP is in there too..... It prohibits a quick draw of either one.

So where does everyone clip their knife when they pocket carry a gun?

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    If have trained to deploy my folder from either hand so whatever pocket the gun is in the knife is clipped on the opposite pocket. I usually carry IWB but pocket carry is so convenient I find myself doing it more and more. I will sometimes carry a folder on both pockets when IWB carry also depending where I am at and what I am wearing.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Most of my pants have a cell phone pocket on the right thigh. I relocate my knife there when my gun is in my strong side pocket.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I like to carry one knife on my offside hip clipped inside my pants, and I also wear a neck knife, to me a knife is a weapon and even when I OC I still prefer to have a concealed weapon

DBH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Carmel
    I carry my defensive folder in the 4 oclock position. The reason, I carry the folder when I don't always carry a gun. It is in an open top belt pouch for quick access.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hollow log
    I have been using off-hand pocket lately, as I often carry inside the pocket. Waved and assisted knives are a God-send for this.

If your knife isn't waved, you can use the "zip-tie" trick for anything with a thumb hole.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I need to send my knife back to Emerson so they can move the clip to fit in my left pocket. It's a $25 charge, but I think it's better than paying for stiches when the knife opens in my pocket from keeping it in there backwards.

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    I'm glad nobody ridiculed me for such a simple question....

The reason I brought it up is because I'd like to train myself to react/draw quicker for knife and gun, and having them located in the same location are essential for that. Whatever I decide will likely be my new knife carry location, no matter if the gun is in pocket or IWB.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've determined that keeping my Delica in my front right pocket DOES NOT work when my LCP is in there too..... It prohibits a quick draw of either one.

So where does everyone clip their knife when they pocket carry a gun?

Inside the waistband in the appendix position or the mirror of it on the other side of the belt buckle works pretty well. And you can access the knife with either hand that way too.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    because of this exact reason knife goes on weak side, and firearm on strong side. This way Im used to accessing the knife on teh weak side should I ever need it for something other than cutting boxes and rope.

Top Bottom