• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm looking for some input on some comfortable knee pads. I'm not an operator, so I don't need the super cool kid gear. I'm just looking for something comfortable, and decent for some training classes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You could probably get by with a pair from Home Depot or Lowe's for under $30. I saw some at the fair under one of the tents for half that. They were trying to be pretty tacti-cool though.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have a set of Blackhawk ones that I got from LAPG a few years ago for dirt cheap. They have worked fine for training classes and occasional home improvement chores.... :D

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Taking the 4 day practical rifle at Front Sight. They say they are recommended but not necessary. Their bays are all stone though, so I think I want some.

Oh yea, if your shooting in gravel then I'd definitely get some. I did some spelunking without knee pads years ago, and I think it damaged my knees.

Maybe someone can recommend a brand that won't bunch up behind tour knees and cut off circulation.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    I happened to notice the Arc'teryx Knee Caps are made with Kydex, which got me thinking...someone could make their own knee pads on the cheap at home with Kydex. Granted it might not look nice and polished in the end depending on experience. It could cost three times less than the nice looking Arc'teryx's, (I do want a pair,) but it could be four times the hassle. Just throwing that out there.

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    If you do end up getting .mil pads, get the newer ones that look like turtle shells. The ACU ones that are kydex or whatever suck; they always end up around your ankles. Lots of guys in the Stan wear the pants with the knee-pro built in, seems to work for them. I didn't have them, so I can say, but all my guys are wearing them now.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Out of all the ones i wore i liked those the least. If you end up not liking them you can borrow mine for a class or two.

Top Bottom