• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indianafly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Ok so I carry a Sig 226 in 40 S&W and I'm looking for something a little smaller. I love my Sig and the only down side I have with it is it's width. I'm fine with weight...that doesn't bother me. Any advice on a new carry Gun? I would like to keep it 40 but I can drop to a 9mm if need be. It doesn't need to be the three up top but those are the ones I'm looking at. I'm really like the p938.

Thanks INGO!

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I think the Kimber Solo is a really neat little gun, but expensive.
    The EMP is more expensive than the Solo.
    You didn't list Kahr, though.
    I finally traded for a PM9 and they are great little guns.
    The new CM9 is more affordable and, other than fancy machining, I don't see any real advantage to the PM9 over the CM9.

I found this website to be really helpful
    Comparison Charts: Kimber Solo vs. ...

indianafly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    The comparison chart is a great help. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the P938 is still scheduled for an April release?

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I think the Kimber Solo is a really neat little gun, but expensive.
    The EMP is more expensive than the Solo.
    You didn't list Kahr, though.
    I finally traded for a PM9 and they are great little guns.
    The new CM9 is more affordable and, other than fancy machining, I don't see any real advantage to the PM9 over the CM9.

I found this website to be really helpful
    Comparison Charts: Kimber Solo vs. ...

the Solo's have beauty over the Kahr's but IMO that's it. i have CM9 paired with a $25 remora holster (The Original Remora No Clip Concealment Holsters) and it is best rig for ccw. i have carried a fnp40 in remora holsters frequently and still do if i feel like it, but back to the kahr. they now have cm40 but i was not wanting to gamble on the .40 in that small of gun.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    P239. I'm looking for one for my wife. I think it'll be perfect for her. She likes the controls on my P226, but wants something lighter and that will fit her hands better. She's recoil sensitive so I think a P239 in 9mm would be perfect. If they made their new rainbow finish one in 9mm it would already have been purchased! I can't imagine why the rainbow finish isn't made in 9mm. It had to be catered towards women...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You should put Kahr on your list.

Either the PM series or CM series. I would opt for 9 because 40 will be a handful in a gun that size, and capacity will suffer. But if you really want a 40, that's about the best pocket gun you're going to get for the $$$.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    P239. I'm looking for one for my wife. I think it'll be perfect for her. She likes the controls on my P226, but wants something lighter and that will fit her hands better. She's recoil sensitive so I think a P239 in 9mm would be perfect. If they made their new rainbow finish one in 9mm it would already have been purchased! I can't imagine why the rainbow finish isn't made in 9mm. It had to be catered towards women...

they do make a rainbow 239
    http://http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p239-rainbow.aspx

to the op let me hop on the bandwagon...get the 239

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    A friend of mine bought a Kimber Solo when it first came out. He has sent it back to Yonkers twice already for different reasons. Between that and the price I probably would not recommend a Solo.

danatkins

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    i'm aiming at the 938 my buddy's wife has the 380 model i've not shot it but love the feel. granted i'm a 1911 guy at heart over any other platform

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I went to Orion"s and hand tested several models and I can tell you from first hand experience that the Solo was by far the best feeling gun out of the bunch! I tried them all, the Sig, the Nano, Kahr, Springfield. That Solo just felt the best in my hand. I really loved the rounded styling and the huge sights on it. The salesman stated he had fired several thousand rounds through one without a problem. Granted that was using the recommended ammo. Don't know if he was trying to sell me, but he sounded sincere. I definitely made up my mind to get the Solo in black with the grips if I can ever find one. If it don't feel right in the hand, you probably won't carry it, right? :dunno:

Top Bottom