• Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Saw this on 21 Alive web page:

kILLINGMachine.jpg

I don't know what this is going to contain, but I doubt that any media will put a positive spin on any Glock, or any handgun for that matter. I guess I'll just have to watch .....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Hopefully they will show a picture of the guy who did the killing. He is the killing machine, not the tool he used.

Of course, logic and truth never got in the way of slanted journalism.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Quote from the Chief Deputy :

Chief Deputy Dave Gladieux/Allen Co. Sheriff's Department: " How many rounds are needed to assure personal protection. Is it six rounds, is it ten rounds, is it 32 rounds? If it's 32 rounds, you're having a bad day. I don't see a need for civilians to be carrying 32 round magazines."
    A couple of things rub me wrong in his little "opinion":
    - Aren't sheriffs also civilians?
    - Needing even ONE round is a bad day. Having even ONE too few is a bad life!

Sorry, but dis-arming law abiding citizens is not going to stop the criminals. ARMING the citizens might, though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't see a need for civilians to be carrying 32 round magazines.

How are the "needs" of non-law enforcement different than the "needs" of law enforcement?

What does "need" have to do with a constitutional right?

Does anyone "need" a certain book? Do we "need" juries?

Why are my employees, the cops, telling me what I do and do not need?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    "A negative for law enforcement is that the rifling of the barrel makes it almost impossible to match a bullet to an individual weapon with ballistic tests."

OK so why did they say this? Is that a truth or lie? I figured they all left a slightly differnt fingerprint all the time. Maybe the fingerprints are all the same and there are so many of them. I mean there are several million fuger 10-22's also so whould that mean they are unable to match 10-22 also. I just don't understand.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I am reminded every day to be thankful to own a M&P. I dont even have to worry about those evil shooting gremlins that like to lurk in those evil guns of hate and murder. Thank goodness for American made S&Ws!

On a serious note:
    I cant even take these articles serious anymore, even the most liberal professors here at IUPUI agrees that gun bans have no real measurable effect on crime (positive or negative).

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Saw this on 21 Alive web page:

kILLINGMachine.jpg

I don't know what this is going to contain, but I doubt that any media will put a positive spin on any Glock, or any handgun for that matter. I guess I'll just have to watch .....

Wow, that article is hilarious. Funny they are knocking the Glock 19 and their little banner ad has a picture of a Glock 25, which isn’t even available in the United States. What a bunch of noobs. :laugh:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    So somehow the G19 is deadlier than other 9 mm handguns?

Aside from moron Helmke, I loved the Sheriff's commentary.

I hate hearing "I strongly support the 2nd Amendment. But......

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, I am VERY disappointed in 21Alive. This horrid peace of journalism absolutely screams of bias against the public's right to own 'high capacity' magazines. I saw only one side of an argument.

Anybody notice a place to leave comments on the new story link? Glock-19: Investment In Personal Protection Or Killing Machine? | Indiana's NewsCenter: News, Sports, Weather, Fort Wayne WPTA-TV, WISE-TV, CW, and My Network | Home Usually there's a place to leave a comment, but conveniently not on this story...

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Here is my email response that I sent to Indiana's News Center, Fort Wayne:

I am highly disappointed in Mr. Neumeyer’s portrayal of the Glock 19 and extra capacity ammunition magazines for his story, which seemed intent on maximizing shock value rather than presenting a fair argument both for and against extra capacity magazines.

The simple fact of the matter is that thousands of extra capacity magazines are owned by people all over America. The fact that these magazines were used in two high profile shootings is unfortunate, yet underwhelming compared to the number of these magazines that are used legally each and every day. If a person feels that he or she needs the advantage of a 32 round magazine to successfully defend himself or herself, than that should be up to the individual, and not anyone else.

Unfortunately, even if these extra capacity magazines are banned by law, criminals will still be able to illegally gain access to them, as well as other types of weapons. Criminals, by their very definition, do not allow a law to get in their way from perpetrating further crimes. The people who truly lose out as a result of these types of bans are law abiding citizens who use these tools for recreation and self-defense.

Since concealed carry legislation began being passed in 1987, there has been a large decrease (40%) in violent crimes. The US murder rate declined by 39% between the years 1991 and 2009. Rapes have declined 19%, as well as a 35% drop in robberies over the same period of time. (Federal Bureau of Investigation Crime Statistics, available at: United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2009

I respectfully request that the next time Indiana’s News Center carries a story regarding firearms, to please try diligently to convey both sides of an argument to let the viewer make an informed decision. The NRA (National Rifle Association) is always more than willing to provide useful information that more than likely will provide useful information as well as different viewpoint from the Brady Campaign.

Respectfully,

Dennis M. Dubay

LEGENw84itDARY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Here is my email response that I sent to Indiana's News Center, Fort Wayne:

I am highly disappointed in Mr. Neumeyer’s portrayal of the Glock 19 and extra capacity ammunition magazines for his story, which seemed intent on maximizing shock value rather than presenting a fair argument both for and against extra capacity magazines.

The simple fact of the matter is that thousands of extra capacity magazines are owned by people all over America. The fact that these magazines were used in two high profile shootings is unfortunate, yet underwhelming compared to the number of these magazines that are used legally each and every day. If a person feels that he or she needs the advantage of a 32 round magazine to successfully defend himself or herself, than that should be up to the individual, and not anyone else.

Unfortunately, even if these extra capacity magazines are banned by law, criminals will still be able to illegally gain access to them, as well as other types of weapons. Criminals, by their very definition, do not allow a law to get in their way from perpetrating further crimes. The people who truly lose out as a result of these types of bans are law abiding citizens who use these tools for recreation and self-defense.

Since concealed carry legislation began being passed in 1987, there has been a large decrease (40%) in violent crimes. The US murder rate declined by 39% between the years 1991 and 2009. Rapes have declined 19%, as well as a 35% drop in robberies over the same period of time. (Federal Bureau of Investigation Crime Statistics, available at: United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2009

I respectfully request that the next time Indiana’s News Center carries a story regarding firearms, to please try diligently to convey both sides of an argument to let the viewer make an informed decision. The NRA (National Rifle Association) is always more than willing to provide useful information that more than likely will provide useful information as well as different viewpoint from the Brady Campaign.

Respectfully,

Dennis M. Dubay

nice job using statistics to back up your letter, it is unfortunate what happened but the real issue with what happened in arizona was why wasn't their anykind of security detail at a meet and greet between federal employees of that high? I'm sure a simple call to the local police department would have had someone sent out

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    What if this nut job had bought a $500 truck and plowed down a mass of people? Would they go after the vehicle manufacturer? No. Did they go after Cadillac when the old man in California ran down a farmers market few years back and killed 5-6 people, including a few kids? No. Kid takes a small private plane and nose dives into a school? Plane manufacturer get sued or the plane banned? I don't think so.
    Some city boy who never raised around guns and only thinks they kill people wants to remove all of them because "they kill" oooooooh, their evil. What makes these people think they are "better" then us and can tell us how to live. Damn, they **** me off sometimes.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    What if this nut job had bought a $500 truck and plowed down a mass of people? Would they go after the vehicle manufacturer? No. Did they go after Cadillac when the old man in California ran down a farmers market few years back and killed 5-6 people, including a few kids? No. Kid takes a small private plane and nose dives into a school? Plane manufacturer get sued or the plane banned? I don't think so.
    Some city boy who never raised around guns and only thinks they kill people wants to remove all of them because "they kill" oooooooh, their evil. What makes these people think they are "better" then us and can tell us how to live. Damn, they **** me off sometimes.

Well, cars and planes are useful, neccessary items. We don't need guns. After all, they just kill people. :n00b:

Strange, I've owned firearms for a number of years. Use them too. (Target practice mostly.) Never killed anyone with one. And hope to God I never have to.
    I'm guessing that there are many others that fit my description.

Top Bottom