• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I was at the range today, having a great time (until it rained :xmad:). A couple of lanes over was a father and daughter. She must have been 5 or 6 and she was shooting her pink .22.
    What touched me was the amount of care and patience this man was showing his daughter as she was learning how to shoot, gun safety, and range etiquette. They were both having a ball, and I don't know who was more proud, the father or daughter, when she squealed "I hit the bullseye, Daddy!!"
    On the way home, it dawned on me that in order to change the opinion for responsible gun ownership, it has to start with children learning the correct way to safely handle a firearm.
    So, do have a pic of your child shooting? I thought I would try a new thread, a thread of fame of our future shooters. Future :ingo: members perhaps?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not the first time this idea has come up, but it's still a good one. Last time, the post title was something like "Do it for the CHILDREN! Kids & guns pics", but I'm too lazy to look it up and post a link.

Regardless, however, you get rep, because I wish my kid (21 earlier this month) was interested in going shooting and I wish that I'd had interest and a place to take her when she was younger. <sigh>

Those of you with young kids... Take advantage of this time. You can't get it back later. God willing, if I ever have grandchildren, I'll be able to do with them what I wish I had with her.

And since I don't want to end this on a downer... Here's the link I was too lazy to look up. :p
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._of_the_children_cute_kids_and_guns_pics.html
    Blessings,
    Bill

joistman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Elkhart
    Going to the range this weekend with my boy for the first time.........He has been asking me everyday since we picked up a Marlin 60 for him last week.......will try to get some pics! :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You know it!

Sean's first trip to the range:
    Shooting7-17-04_0212.jpg

Shooting7-17-04_0231_1.jpg

Some others over the 5 years since:
    Shooting_08.jpg

Shooting5-26-08MemorialDay009_1.jpg