• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This afternoon, a Louisville, Kentucky woman was arrested on numerous charges after she fled from a traffic stop on I-65 near Seymour, Indiana. The pursuit went through three counties and lasted over thirty minutes.

The incident began at approximately 12:45 pm when the Indiana State Police-Versailles Post was notified that a theft of numerous items of merchandise had just occurred at the Polo Ralph Lauren Store at the Premium Outlet Mall near Edinburgh, Indiana. Troopers were notified that the female suspect was driving a white Chevrolet Impala. The car was reported to have a Kentucky registration plate that the suspect allegedly removed from the vehicle before leaving the scene.

At approximately 1:00 pm, Trooper Korry Clark located the vehicle traveling southbound on I-65 in Jackson County. Trp. Clark conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle near the 50 mile marker, just north of the Seymour exit. He made contact with the driver who matched the description of the suspect. Trp. Clark attempted to take the suspect, later identified as Ta’neasha L. Chappell, age 23, Louisville, Kentucky into custody when she pulled away from him and reentered the vehicle. Trp. Clark sustained a minor abrasion during the altercation.

Chappell then fled from troopers in the vehicle. Chappell was pursued southbound on I-65 through Jackson, Scott, and Clark Counties with speeds reaching 100 mph. Troopers from the Indiana State Police-Sellersburg Post along with numerous other agencies assisted in the pursuit of Chappell.

At one point during the pursuit, Chappell’s vehicle collided with the rear of a commercial motor vehicle. Chappell’s vehicle eventually left the roadway at exit 7 on I-65 near Clarksville, Indiana where it came to a stop after being badly damaged. Chappell exited the vehicle and attempted to flee on foot. She was soon taken into custody after being tased. Another trooper sustained a hand injury during the pursuit. That trooper was transported to a Louisville area hospital for treatment.

Numerous suspected stolen items, valued at over $3,000, were located in the vehicle. Suspected marijuana was also located in her possession. Chappell was transported to Schneck Medical Center in Seymour, Indiana for medical clearance and to submit to a chemical test for intoxication. Chappell was then incarcerated at the Jackson County Jail on numerous felony and misdemeanor charges related to resisting law enforcement. Chappell will also potentially face additional charges related to the theft in Bartholomew County, Indiana.

Just prior to this incident, at approximately 11:45 am, Trp. Clark conducted a traffic stop on a Dodge Journey on I-65 near Seymour, Indiana after it was reported that the two occupants had just stolen numerous items from Polo Ralph Lauren at the Edinburgh Premium Outlet Mall. The Edinburgh Police Department responded to the scene and arrested the two occupants, Haamiyna T. Kamose, age 24, and Da’miya K. Tooley, age 23, both of Louisville, Kentucky on theft charges related to the incident. They were found to be in possession of nearly $7,000 worth of stolen merchandise. Trp. Clark was assisted in that investigation by Sgt. Bryce Harris, Sgt. Stephen Wheeles, Trooper Taylor Ranshaw, and officers with the Edinburgh Police Department.

Attached: Arrest Photo of Ta’neasha Chappell

Photos of the Scene

-30- SGT. STEPHEN WHEELES

Under the Law, criminal charges are merely accusations and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.

Ta'neasha Chappell

Ta'neasha Chappell

I-65 Pursuit
    I-65 Pursuit 2

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am trying to learn, so please help me out.

Is this idiot in jail due to her decision to steal property from others, resist law enforcement officers, and flee law enforcement officers in a high speed chase...

-or-

Is this idiot in jail due to "systemic racism"?
    That depends on whether you are asking a sane person or asking BLM.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    They should move to San Francisco where you can shop lift all you want as long as you don't go over $900. Then again they would have to adjust their shopping habits or number of trips.

I'm going to bet this was part of an inside job. Those number are very high to just be walking out the front door.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm going to bet this was part of an inside job. Those number are very high to just be walking out the front door.
    There a lot of black females working that store in Edinburg? I don't know of any stores thst allow emplyees to physically confront shoplifters so making it out the door with hundreds of dollars of murchandise really isn't that hard to believe.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just getting the shoplifting charge is probably going to look pretty good compared to what they are going to lay on her now.

I never really considered Louisville people as being from Kentucky.... just sayin
    Well they live on the south side of the Ohio River, so yes they are from Kentucky, Just like the idiots in Chicago belong to Illinois. Until those cities secede from their prospective states, They own that problem.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I am trying to learn, so please help me out.

Is this idiot in jail due to her decision to steal property from others, resist law enforcement officers, and flee law enforcement officers in a high speed chase...

-or-

Is this idiot in jail due to "systemic racism"?
    Are you white? If yes, systemic racism.

Don

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    An update on this story.

Ta’neash Chappell, 23, Louisville, Kentucky, was arrested by the Indiana State Police on May 26, 2021, and transported to the Jackson County Jail.

On July 16, she was taken by ambulance to Schneck Memorial Hospital in Seymour, where she later died on the same day.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Top Bottom