• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Next week I will be making a trip south through KY and TN for business along I65 down to Nashville then I24 towards Manchester, TN.

Are there any "Must See" stores that you would say if you were in the area you would stop in. I'll be looking for reloading supplies and of course the guns. Dont know if I would buy one out of state anyways but I'd hate to miss some place nice for the next time.

Thanks for the input.

:tumbleweed:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    only one worthwhile is KNOB CREEK. not to far off your path especially for the goods they have. Don't go on a sunday after 5pm. :laugh::twocents:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Not in the states you listed, but the Bass Pro in Clarksville, Indiana has reloading stuff. Prices are high, though.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    From this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/45536-nice_gun_shop_in_tennessee.html

"This place is east of Nashville on I24 at exit 79 (I think). It is called the Outpost Armory. They have gas, a diner, and a decent sized gun shop. There were very friendly people there and it was a nice stop. We enjoyed a meal, clean restrooms, and purchased some ammo and a new holster for my .38 special."

You see a lot of signs. It is apparently owned by the Barrett Family.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    From this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/45536-nice_gun_shop_in_tennessee.html

"This place is east of Nashville on I24 at exit 79 (I think). It is called the Outpost Armory. They have gas, a diner, and a decent sized gun shop. There were very friendly people there and it was a nice stop. We enjoyed a meal, clean restrooms, and purchased some ammo and a new holster for my .38 special."

You see a lot of signs. It is apparently owned by the Barrett Family.
    BINGO!!!
    I forgot all about that place I loved it and it was a well needed rest for me. I slept in the parking lot one night

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Weird coincidence, I was at Whittakers earlier today and overheard a guy talking about The Outpost Armory store in TN. He was apparently from around there.

mighty2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Jeffersonville, IN
    In Bardstown KY past the Jim Beam plant there is Ky Gun Depot that is pretty good. On the way back I do suggest going through Owensboro Ky for BBQ and Whittakers. You won't be upset!!!!

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Thanks everyone for you tips and suggestions. I tried to plan my stops as best I could based on the information.

I drove down to Winchester, TN to be exact on Wednesday, did the company business first to get it out of the way. I found a store online in Winchester called Hero-Gear. Website says largest in TN. It actually was quote large in size as far as the store goes. I'd estimate 75% was for all the gear you can think of from holsters, to clothing with there name on it.
    The main 25% they had plenty of guns and prices were great on some items like the springfields and Rugers, but not so much on the Glocks, and Taurus's. Had some ammo at fair prices (only 3 boxes of 380 for pistol buying customers) no reloading supplies.
    I picked up a nice range bag and a 22 cleaning kit for 7.00 total. Bag is nice size and sturdy.

Next stop was to drive back to Nashville for the night. On my way I see a nice big billboard OUTPOST - ammo, guns, knifes... Make a quick lang change for exit 89 on I24 and in I go. The right side is a dinner and the left is a gun shop. Sign on door 1K primers per customer and 380 in stock.
    Again comparing prices... He had Wolf and PRVI of everything in stock, and all hand gun ammo in stock. I But the prices wern't great. I picked up a couple of boxes of 380 and 9mm to make it worth my time but that was it. His gun prices were no better then gander.

So off to Nashville, of course my hotel is just down the street from good old Bass Pro. Love to look around, but this location is a one story and they carry next to zero reloading supplies. I was bumbed form the start.
    Good selection on the firearms, I was looking at a Savage 93R17-FV that they had for 249 and I was tempted.

So today - Thursday- I decided to drive to Whittakers on my way back.
    Well that didnt go as planned I got to owensboro and based on my gps which took me to the websites address its either in a farm house or I need to update my maps. Address was right but not where I could find it. At this point I was needing to get back to Indy so I had to leave empty handed. It'll will have to wait for my next trip.

So there ya go and thanks again for the tips guys all were worth the visit.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Sorry to hear about Whittakers. I would love to go there sometime. Some of their prices listed on line are pretty good. All in all sounds like a good trip!

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry to hear you missed out on Whittakers.
    I remember my first trip there...
    Way the frick out there.
    A little hard to find is an understatement. Kentucky's state roads, wtf.

beez1954

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    For Whittaker's try to find Diamond Lake PayLake in West Louisville.
    Whittaker's is near the entrance if I remember correctly.
    Coming west from Owensboro I think it's the Stanley exit but go south instead of North to Stanley.
    I bought 2 Rem 700s once from them and they were on the phone reordering as they did the paperwork.
    They are well stocked.

Greg

Top Bottom