• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deanr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Kendallville, Indiana
    Just got home from the Kendallville Gun Show. It looked like the turn out was really good. There were several times that we would come to a complete stop. I picked up a few items. Got a barrel for my 870. Picked up some bumper stickers and got a t-shirt. To me it seemed that some of the ammo was a bit on the expensive side. I looked at some Winchester white box 45auto FMJ, they were asking $42; went to Walmart and got the same for $35 a box. It seemed that there were more knives than guns, but there was a good selection.

Hope that the turn out is good enough that they will start having shows more often.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    It was way crowded and movement came to a standstill several times. But that's a good thing considering the alternative would have been "no interest/attendance at all".
    I found ammo boxes I was looking for. And had fun helping Jay and Mrs. Jay find a carry gun for her.
    Good day. Good show. :yesway:

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    It was crowded. Got there about 9:45 and left about 12. Got to BS with some friends. Only thing I bought were some cast bullets to load .45acp. Didn't find anyone with the .451 round balls I needed for the cap and ball revolvers. Guess I will have to order those. :dunno:
    Over all it was a good show. Talked to the management a little and they are planning to do 2 shows a year.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I got there about 9:05 and the place was already packed....a lot of private sellers but it was so crowded it was hard to move or stop to look at anything. Seems like the last few shows I have been too are stock full of old shotguns.

I was loking for some old military stuff and sellers were willing to deal just couldn't find that "one piece " I was looking for. Stayed for over an hour and then had to escape the crowd. I am gald they had a big turnout but a little more room would have been nice. It is hard to realyy look at things when you are constantly dodging, looking around people or being pushed by the flow of the traffic.

I hope they do well and can spread out some. Maybe go to multiple buildings like they do over at Lima.

I give it a solid B.

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    They are doing a fall show talking about a 2 day show lot of people but I think the money is still on the tight side I set up and sold 6 guns and a lot of be backs really didn't get to look around to see what was there but in all a good show.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I went. I also thought it was extremely crowded! I think that getting some of the bigger gun shops to show to provide a bigger selection. I saw a lot of old shotguns and some older rifles.
    I agree that ammo prices were ABSURD! One table had WWB .40 (50 rounds) for $25...I had just purchased a box of 100 rounds for $30 the day before.
    I give it a solid C. Needs a bigger venue and more selection. If it is true that it was a start up show, it was better than some of the more established ones that I have been to.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I wasnt able to make it to this one, but I am very glad to hear that it was a sucess. Thanks to all for the reviews, I will be sure to show up and support the next one.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    it was crowded. i stopped in for a little bit before work, at the time i had.... alot of junk, but quite a bit more "good stuff" than i expected.

and the price was right! :)

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Had a great time , took daughter Sarah you knew us as we were stacked 2 and 3 high.
    She on my shoulders and her baby doll on her shoulders LOL.
    I was wearing the winter Uniform
    My Key Bibs
    I thought it was a nice show and it looked as if a lot of trading was done earlier in the day
    I saw a few things I was interested in but not strongly enough to bite the bullet.
    I did have a chance to chat w/the stock man and we set up a meeting for this week

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I thought it was a good show. Just like all shows you just had to watch what you buy. I picked up a new rifle and a NIB smith 442 that I have been wanting. Just had to shop around to find what I wanted though. Some prices were outrageous and some were pretty good.

Top Bottom