• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I have carried a keltec p32 for quite a while and absolutely love it! Great little gun. I saw the pf8 at the 1500 yesterday and wondered what experiences those who have carried them might have had. I like the very slim profile and I would be able to carry one of these more often than my Glock 19...

Thanks!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    There have been quite a few threads on this gun

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/101066-keltec_pf-9_a.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/74427-glock_26_vs_keltec_pf9.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/72593-taurus_709_vs_keltec_pf9.html

Those who like them think they are great, and of course you have haters as well. Mine has been flawless through several thousand rounds, has a great trigger, is accurate, fun to shoot at the range, and carries very well in the pocket or concealment t-shirt.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    It's a great CC gun. It's not a great range gun.

I've owned 2 and currently own 1 with a silver slide. It's a nice, reliable gun for CC, but it is snappy. I can shoot several rounds at the range for practice, but once you start approaching 50 your hands can feel it.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I too have had a p32 for many years and love it! pf9 is a good handgun, I say go for it if it will make sure you carry more often. They feel really good in the hand to me and are pretty good shooters in my opinion.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I fired one at the range. As stated a little snappy, but plenty small for use as a pocket gun. It failed to feed two rounds of Gold Dot JHP. As with all guns, check what ammo it likes.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I keep seeing people posting it is an uncomfortable gun at the range, I regularly fire 75-100 rounds in a single range trip with mine and have yet to make my hand uncomfortable...guess it just depends on how much you are use to shooting.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've only had mine for a short while and have only taken it to the range once. We put 200 rounds through it between a buddy and I. There weren't any malfunctions or failures. This weekend I'll probably put another 200 or so rounds through it. After a flawless second trip to the range and once the round count is starting to add up, then I'll consider trusting my life to it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My buddy has a PF9 and he's a pretty big guy. It was the smallest carry gun that still fits in his hand.

I have a similar problem. I have large hands and some guns just fit well and others don't. I had an xd sub that I couldn't hit anything with, and this PF9 I have now is so much easier to carry if I ever decided to start doing so. The PF9 doesn't fill my hand or fit perfectly by any means, but with the little belt clip I couldn't believe how well it carried and how I didn't even notice it was there. For the price of around $300 I think it's pretty hard to beat.

Top Bottom