• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Hi all. My first post, just found this place and like what I see. So about the guns, has anyone here in Indiana seen or handled one of the RFB's? What did you think? Where did you see it? Any shops around here have one to sell?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hi all. My first post, just found this place and like what I see. So about the guns, has anyone here in Indiana seen or handled one of the RFB's? What did you think? Where did you see it? Any shops around here have one to sell?

The RFB is not yet available; the only way folks could've handled one is if they saw the prototypes that have been at the SHOT Show the past couple years.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    KelTec released the RFB's a couple weeks ago. However they are extremely scarce and selling for over Suggested Retail.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I really love how small the 18\" barrel design is. There are some real advantages with a bullpup style. I like that you can have a long barrel version that is about the length of a carbine, with longer rifle ballistics. Only time and quantity released will tell how the production speed machining turns out.

Armed_Scientist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    West Lafayette
    I got to play with one at the SHOT show last year. I was actually very impressed, the quality seemed very high. Also the configuration of the fire control group gets around having the long linkage between trigger and hammer so you don't get the characteristic bullpup mushiness.

I'm waiting until a few more get the door and into the field but I'm definitely considering one.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm waiting until a few more get the door and into the field but I'm definitely considering one.

I've owned KTs, still own KTs, will more than likely buy more KTs. I will not, however, buy one of their first several hundred (or thousand) examples of one of their first generation firearms. They ALWAYS get it right, just not always the first time. My opinion only... YMMV.

Paddling-whostillwantsaPLR22SUB9RFB-man

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I've owned KTs, still own KTs, will more than likely buy more KTs. I will not, however, buy one of their first several hundred (or thousand) examples of one of their first generation firearms. They ALWAYS get it right, just not always the first time. My opinion only... YMMV.

I agree with that in the past. Hopefully, their idea of testing the RFB to failure and fixing then continue will eliminate it with this rifle. This product has the capability to reinforce or change people's perception of Kel-Tec. Only time will see.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anyone else concerned about having a .308 round that close to their cheek on a partially polymer receiver?

I would also like to see a free float barrel so that a sling could be mounted far forward.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Anyone else concerned about having a .308 round that close to their cheek on a partially polymer receiver?

I would also like to see a free float barrel so that a sling could be mounted far forward.

I have definitely thought about it. There are two layers of steel between the round and your face. I would assume they designed to keep a kaboom going in the other direction. There are .50 BMG bullpups. That would concern me more. But it would be nice to see what happens when they load up a double charge and touch it off in a controlled environment.

Top Bottom