• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I tried 'search' but maybe I missed it. I heard about this Kel-Tec a couple of days ago and did a little google search. It actually is a pistol legally. I don't have any links to share but maybe some members do. Does anyone on INGO have one or shot one (or even seen one)? It's a short 5.56. Might be fun.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    It is a blast

Yes it is a fun toy to shoot and a reliable shooter. I have both the PLR 16 and PLR 22, both are fun and accurate. Plenty of add ons and fairly easy to clean. Not intended for a daily carry but it does make a great backpack piece.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I tried 'search' but maybe I missed it. I heard about this Kel-Tec a couple of days ago and did a little google search. It actually is a pistol legally. I don't have any links to share but maybe some members do. Does anyone on INGO have one or shot one (or even seen one)? It's a short 5.56. Might be fun.

Don't have one but have shot one. They are fun to shoot but in my book there just a tiny AR. Even though they are classified as a pistol they are way to big to carry of course. I thought about buying one but didn't like the fact it didn't come with a handguard installed. Just my thoughts.

feriil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    I currently have a shotgun for home defense but was thinking about getting one of these instead - more capacity (20 or 30 shots!!), .223 is strong enough to kill, and can be used one handed in the event of injury. I feel like with that much ammo one mag would hold of multiple attackers. I'm only getting 5 with my shotgun now (Yes, I know I can get a couple more).

Being very short helps as I live in a small apartment - even a shotgun with an 18.5" seems big around some of the corners. At the distances I'd be using a shotgun the 00 buck is one hole about 2" anyways (tested).

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In my opinion you are much better off with the shotgun, especially for home defense. The .223 is powerful enough you are going to put some of those thru the wall; not a good idea in an apartment building! The shotgun is gonna do a much better job of keeping you, and your neighbors, safe.

The PLR-16 is a lot of fun to shoot, but it has no redeeming social value. I've only shot it outside, but a lot of noise and some serious muzzle flash. Rack off a clip inside and I suspect you'll be blind for an hour and deaf for a week. But, that's just my opinion.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Keep the Shotgun for home defense, like Squib said you don't want those rounds going through walls into other rooms where innocents may be or worse yet out of the house and striking someone outside the house.

Top Bottom