• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgesdodges

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    My last handgun was the Keltec p11..unfortunately I had to let it go during hardtimes.. Im in the market again and thinking about another P11 but recently held and fired a gen 2 Taurus Millennium pro 9..i think I would like to step up to a 40cal actually. Though i haven't decited.. Any Taurus Millennium pro guys want to chime in? I know I like that pt140g2 but its gonna run me about $75 more then the Keltec if i can even find one... What would you do in my situation? Thanks guys.. Joe

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    If These Were My Only Choice

My last handgun was the Keltec p11..unfortunately I had to let it go during hardtimes.. Im in the market again and thinking about another P11 but recently held and fired a gen 2 Taurus Millennium pro 9..i think I would like to step up to a 40cal actually. Though i haven't decited.. Any Taurus Millennium pro guys want to chime in? I know I like that pt140g2 but its gonna run me about $75 more then the Keltec if i can even find one... What would you do in my situation? Thanks guys.. Joe

If these two were my only choice, I would have to go with the gen 2 Taurus.
    Kel-Tec's leave me cold, because of my personal experience with their products.
    In this restricted choice of weapons, I think the Taurus would be the better gun by far.
    Just my opinion.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Hi, I purchased the Taurus PT111 Mill Pro SS 3rd generation a few months back, the apparent predecessor to the G2. To me the build quality of my PT111 is consistent with my Beretta 92FS SS VERTEC and my Sig P938. I was unaware the G2 was in the pipeline or I may have waited. That said, I am very pleased with the PT111 I have. It has been completely reliable, weighs under 19 oz unloaded, and has the features I prefer in a handgun such as SA/DA, external safety, 3 dot sights, second strike capability, etc. just like the G2 has. I have previously owned the Kel-Tec 380 and the Taurus is, in my opinion, is a much higher quality built weapon. I considered the Kel-Tec P11 but it's reputation for lesser quality and poor trigger function was so rampant in various on line discussion groups that I just completely stopped considering it. The PT111 with its 12 round capacity was a clear choice for me at the time I purchased it. I just watched an episode a couple of days ago on the Davidson's Gun Show on the Sportsman Channel on the G2 and I really liked the looks of the G2. I am tempted to purchase the G2 (it weight is under 22 oz.) as it is well priced for all that it offers. I also think the G2 has a lot of cool factor built into its design. I do not think the S&Ws and Glocks, etc. of similar size have anything over these Taurus models.

Top Bottom