• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tbald14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Your link does not work. Which item are you looking at? (Vario) and how do you plan to use it?

BeauBailey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    I bet it's not working because I am using my phone so I'd bet the the link is to a mobile site. Sorry about that. I was looking at the vario. Also my first choice is to bug in unless I am forced to leave for any reason.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Link works on my phone. Try out a tablet when you get a chance... Many people say the water tastes horrible when you use them.... Hard to stay hydrated when it tastes horrible.

I want to get the bottles for bob's, I doubt the filter will last for long term... Something they you can use to get home and not spend time boiling. Then at your destination you can boil of have a new larger filter system.

From what I understand that bottle needs needs to further purification.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Beau, I asked your idea for prepping because the type of filter would be dependent on that. If you're bugging in, then a sawyer long-term style or the one that Somemedic linked would definitely be ideal. Why spend $80-100 on something that will only filter lets say 1,000 gallons of water when you can buy one for the same price that will filter 1,000,000?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-PointTwo-Purifier-Bucket-Adapter/dp/B0051HHNJ8[/ame]
    Get that and a bucket and have at it!!

BeauBailey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    "Beau, I asked your idea for prepping because the type of filter would be dependent on that. If you're bugging in, then a sawyer long-term style or the one that Somemedic linked would definitely be ideal. Why spend $80-100 on something that will only filter lets say 1,000 gallons of water when you can buy one for the same price that will filter 1,000,000?

Amazon Get that and a bucket and have at it!!"

My plan A is to bug in but as I am making preps for that I am also trying to put together a basic BOB as well. My first thought was to get something that would fit in a bag to cover the very basics for both uses since the BOB will be at home. Then when finances allow I would get another unit more suitable for long term use. Maybe I am going about this backwards but I am trying to do the most with the little finances I have available each month. Thanks to everyone for your input. It has been very helpful and pointed out things I have definitely missed.

Okimeister

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've got anKatadyn and love it, although I do use a Berkey in the kitchen. I've already started filtering out my water out of the faucet and can tell the difference.
    Have a bunch of extra filters.

zaracatani

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Farmingdale, NY
    Would this along with some purification tablets be sufficient for my water purification portion of my preps?

Katadyn Products Inc. » Select Country

From what I am reading the vario will make drinking water on its own with no purification tablets or boiling.

What is the edge of this brand with other water filter systems around? Because for me I want to make sure what I purchasing can do and can't do.

Top Bottom