• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunner man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Ft Wayne
    I would like to know if anyone has owned a kahr pm9 or mk9 and if you like or liked it. Looking for a small 9mm to carry along with my 380. Thanks for any help.:)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've owned an MK9 and have shot a PM9. The MK was very easy to shoot and was ridiculously accurate for such a small gun, but being all stainless steel, was quite heavy for its size. I found the PM9 to be harder to shoot well by virtue of its lighter weight and greater perceived recoil, but it would also be much easier to carry.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Buddy of mine carries a PM9 off duty. Got to put some rounds through it a few weeks ago. It is a very nice shooting gun. If I were in the market for a small 9mm this one would top my list.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    A PM9 is in my front pocket every day going on two years now. Not everyone will do so, but I find it easy to pocket carry. At first I had a little trouble being as accurate as my other (bigger) guns, but now I shoot it just the same as my XD9. I run all different kinds of ammo through it and have never had a failure.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

There have been a ton of threads about the PM9. To search for them type "PM9*" without the quotes. You must use the "*" otherwise the search won't work with 3 digits.

The PM9 has been my constant companion when I leave home. Mine has been 100% with over 2000 rounds fired. It is also amazingly reliable for such a small pistol.

I bought it new right after they came out and been very happy with it.

gunner man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Ft Wayne
    Ya I was kinda wondering about the weight of the mk. Now I just wish my local dealers had both for me to hold and get some sort of feeling for them before I purchase one. The reason I like the mk is that crimson trace makes a laser grip for it but not the pm. Thanks for all the replys so quickly.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wish I could comment to the two specific guns you've asked about, OP.

But from my own personal experience, I advise folks to stay away from the full-size polymer .40S&W Kahr pistols.

If you like the 9mm and can't find a micro Kahr, there's a used CW-9 in the classifieds for roughly $200 more than it's worth.

-J-

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I wish I could comment to the two specific guns you've asked about, OP.

But from my own personal experience, I advise folks to stay away from the full-size polymer .40S&W Kahr pistols.

If you like the 9mm and can't find a micro Kahr, there's a used CW-9 in the classifieds for roughly $200 more than it's worth.

-J-

Can you expand on your issues with the full size poly .40s? I am curious because I own a PM40, and would consider a CW or P40. Lol at the classified post, I saw that and thought it was almost too high for a P9.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I had a PM40, waaay to snappy for me, I now have a PM9 EDC and love it

The P380 I also love as well, people say say the Kahr guns are pricey, but they hold their value and are worth every penny IMO!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

chevy2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Have owned and carried an MK9.A little pricey and little heavy for the size.Dead on accurate and very reliable.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    The mk9 is my primary carry gun, I carry inside the belt, in the appendix position, I do not find it too heavy. It shoots very accurate for the barrel length and I would recommend it as a cc gun to anyone.

Edit: alcohol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom