• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    Hey, I have been looking at the Kahr PM 9 and the MK 9 and was wondering if any of you have any feed back or info for me.

I have never owned or shot a kahr. I really like the size and quality of this gun, although it is a bit expensive.

Thanks.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have the PM9... it is a great little gun.

It is tight. Trying to rack the slide takes some effort. It is clear that it is a well-made gun.

I've shot about 300 rounds through her w/o a problem.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    My PM9 is pretty accurate for a little gun. Handles recoil pretty well, too.

Since getting an LCP, I must admit the Kahr has become a bit of a safe queen.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Another vote for the PM9. I've been carrying one for years and once past the break in period they're fantastic little pistols. I wish they had a shorter trigger reset but they're accurate, reliable and easy to conceal. The steel Kahr pistols are very heavy for their size.

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    BIGUM: LCP , a .380? My main CCW now is a Sig P238 .380. I really like the size and the single action trigger. Wanting something in a 9mm

PHYLODOG: I didnt think the Kahr Pm trigger pull was too long, but have not shot one yet to really feel the trigger reset length. It is one of my main concerns.

I purchased a Taurus, cant stand the trigger, very long.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I have the PM40, and I would echo what most have said. These are well made guns that can fit nearly anywhere. Yes, they are expensive, but I don't think they have much competition considering you can get them to fit in a pocket. Like was said earlier, a shorter trigger reset would be nice, but it is a smooth pull. Mine has a ton of recoil, but the 9mm version should be considerably tamer.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    He is right about the reset, it is rather long. However, once you get used it it not really that big of a deal. I still think it is the best single stack 9mm out there. The level of reliability and accuracy that the PM9 offers in a gun that is so small and easy to carry has not been matched. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Minituck and it disappears under anything including t-shirts.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    We've got a P9, and I love it. It's extremely tight, but it's loosened up some with shooting (we probably have less than a thousand rounds through it so far). I've been impressed with how accurate it is.

structure

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    I have an MK9. I would probably suggest grabbing the PM9 instead if you ever plan on pocket carrying, it's a little heavy for that IMO. Other than that, I have no complaints; great little gun.
    6nEtb.jpg

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    You might consider the CW9 for your Kahr purchase. It's a couple hundred cheaper than the MK, T, or P. You only get one mag. The others you get two but with the MK you do not..., but a Kahr mag is roughly $30 on most sites I visit.

The sights on the CW are not adjustable (like the other more expensive models), but at carry distances I have not seen the need for too much adustment. For the record I own a CW. It is plenty accurate and a pretty cool single stack 9. Depending on the mag, it's 6+1 or 7+1 and it's thin..., very 1911 thin which makes them so cool. Concealable, yes, and do they pattern much, no..., so cool.

By the way, do not shoot Glock, XD, or MP9..., basically anything with a short trigger reset prior to shooting your Kahr. Otherwise you will be "flinching" your way half-way down the firing line (I laugh out loud every time I see it happen)..., I own an LCP too, so same story on the long DA trigger pull.

Good luck, and attempt to shoot whatever you intend to buy...

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    STRUCTURE: I like the MK, looks very nice. I prefer an all metal gun. But, I am leaning toward the PM 9 with the all black finish. I have read on the forum here that it holds up to wear well.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I have owned an MK9 since the late 1990's. Very good gun, has been 100 percent reliable.
    Heavy for its size, so I only carry on the belt.
    I have little experience with the poly framed Kahrs.

acss502

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Central
    Have a family member who has a PM9. It was an early model and had problems with the extractor. Kahr took it back, fixed it, no charge. Ever since, not a single problem! Even if there is a problem, Kahr will take care of it.

rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    I have a PM9 and as others have said it is a good quality gun though a little heavy for a pocket. I bought it with crimson trace sights installed though I took them off and have them for sale now.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I purchased a Taurus, cant stand the trigger, very long.

Have you fired a Kahr? My PM45's trigger is very smooth, but it's quite a bit longer than my 24/7... I think it feels like a well tuned revolver.

[STRIKE]BTW, Kahr recommends that you "slingshot" the slide instead of using the slide release[/STRIKE].

Pudly squared me away... :ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom