• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I learned about Kahr Arms last weekend at the 1500 and was wondering what others think of them.

I am considering getting a P9 or P40 for personal protection concealed carry. These seem to be designed for just that. Not sure about the PM models, pistol grip seems too short to me.

I currently carry a PX4 Storm 9mm which isn't the most comfortable to wear or easiest to conceal. It is a pleasure to shoot though; I like the double/single action and external hammer.

Also what are your thoughts on the Kahr's DAO firing mechanism?

Thank you for any/all input.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have both the P9 and PM9. I prefer to carry the PM9 because it is shorter and conceals a little better. The triggers on Kahrs are long but smooth. With a little practice, you will be drilling the bullseye. There are also the CM or CW versions for a few hundred less. The main difference between the C and P are replaceable sights and a better barrel.

Some say the Kahrs are pickey, but I own 4 and all of them are 100% reliable.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I own 2 Kahrs. I prefer the P9 over the PM 9, simply because it fits my hand better. 100% reliable with a smooth DAO trigger pull. The trigger has never been an issue for me. I have let several people fire the Kahr and they all are complementary of the smoothness, accuracy and reliability.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    the P9 compared to the pm 9 is size. the pm 9 is a subcompact and the p9 is a compact. I can fit three fingers on the p9 and only two on the pm9.
    to me there is not much difference between the cw9 and the P9. Only difference is the price tag.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    Love my Kahr

I love my PM9. Ridiculously reliable, amazingly accurate, and super smooth double action trigger pull. If a Kahr feels good in your hand and points naturally for you then you should seriously consider one. You can always buy a cheaper gun that's probably just as functional, but an extra hundred or two seems a small additional cost for a weapon you may have for the rest of your life.:cool:

Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thank you for all the input. I'm going to Fort Liberty Firearms, close to Brownsburg, this weekend and see about getting one :)

I may have to sell my Browning Buckmark Target to afford it though :(

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I have had good luck with Kahr's. My pm9 is accurate and recoil is not bad at all for such a light gun. I would recommend the PM9 as apposed to the P9. If you want to carry it IWB instead of pocket carry you can use the 7 round magazine with the extended grip instead of the flush 6 round magazine. The 7 round magazine allows you to get 3 fingers on the grip similar to a P9.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I bought my first Kahr a month or two ago and I can't say enough good about it. My CM9 has almost convinced mento immediately pursue another Kahr because it just fits me that well.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a PM9, and it goes everywhere with me. They are great little pocket guns. It has one of the best DAO triggers of any gun I have fired.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Thank you for all the input. I'm going to Fort Liberty Firearms, close to Brownsburg, this weekend and see about getting one :)

I may have to sell my Browning Buckmark Target to afford it though :(

If affordability is an issue, check out the CW series Kahrs. They are near clones of the P series Kahrs with a few less frills. NIB CW series can be had for $340-$400. Shop around.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    There seems to be two types of people that shoot Kahr firearms: those that love the trigger and those that hate it. I loved mine, because despite its' seemingly long take up it wasn't heavy and had a solid predictable break every time.

I've owned a few Kahr's: CW40, PM9 Crimson Trace, and a P40 Covert - of those the PM9, with only my middle and ring fingers on the grip as you could expect shot the best. I did some 'laser training' to make sure I was squeezing the trigger properly - I could hold it on a small object acrossed a room from trigger contact to pull. But that's me, I practiced with it a lot.

I just picked up a new .45 single stack today, but part of me still wants to get a CW series again. When comparing to my P40, the CW series I had was a lot better for the money.

If affordability is an issue, check out the CW series Kahrs. They are near clones of the P series Kahrs with a few less frills. NIB CW series can be had for $340-$400. Shop around.

Saw this after I posted. My P40 had massive machining marks inside the slide that were just pathetic. My PM9 & CW40 were both flawless, if this means anything to you. I'm pretty sure my P40 Covert was just an all around bastard child from Kahr :dunno:

EDIT: I just can't stop... Also, if you are a fan of all-metal construction Kahr also once had an E series firearm - essentially to the K series as the CW series is to the P; people seem to say good things about the Kahr E9 when they can find one!

Eric0321

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 9, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Well I went and looked at some Kahrs today but ended up getting a S&W M&P Shield 40 instead. I really like the way it feels. Hoping to go and give it a breaking in session tomorrow. The sights seem to be offset to the right a little bit, not centered on top of the upper receiver. Hopefully they are aligned properly...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom