• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    So not too long ago I posted on here asking for input on the Kahr CM9 as my wife's first handgun. I was given a lot of good input and my wife chose it as her own, her precious. :D

This weekend she finally got to shoot it and she loved it! It ate everything she fed it and it is as accurate as the shooter that holds it. My only complaint was how long the trigger reset is, but who cares she loves it. I'm used to shooting 1911's and my XDM so I am spoiled with an almost nonexistent trigger reset.

When we got home we cleaned our guns side by side and she is already talking about her next trip to the range! Now to find some 9mm ammo...:scratch:

Also, I think I have my FIL sold on a XDS. He loves the .45, my kind of guy!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Congrats! I got reeled in by the CM9 about a year ago. It quickly became my go-to carry gun, and is the best gun in its category (for me) that I have tried out.

alhambra lion

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Another +1 for the CM9. I have one on my hip right now in a Shielded IWB. That or the even smaller P380 is on me at all times. Both guns have been reliable from the first shot. Coming from mostly Glocks the longer trigger pull took a little getting used to, but I am very accurate with both these tiny guns now.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I also have a CM, but in .40 S&W. Seems very well made and has been reliable thus far. Only "complaint" has been the long and heavy trigger pull, but that complaint should fade with range time. The .40 has more than enough "bark", so I assume the 9mm would be nicer to shoot!

I'm guessing the recoil spring is significantly lighter in the 9mm? My wife can hardly move the slide on mine.

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Congrats on the purchase. Also have a CM40 that I'm enjoying, although might trade it for or just pick up the 9mm version. Did have an issue where the magazine follower busted but Kahr promptly sent out two replacement followers, which have been good so far.

Dustzilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Indy
    I also have a CM, but in .40 S&W. Seems very well made and has been reliable thus far. Only "complaint" has been the long and heavy trigger pull, but that complaint should fade with range time. The .40 has more than enough "bark", so I assume the 9mm would be nicer to shoot!

I'm guessing the recoil spring is significantly lighter in the 9mm? My wife can hardly move the slide on mine.

It was hard for either of us to rack the slide or use the slide lock. However, after the first 50 rounds it loosened up considerably and she can manipulate it just fine. I suspect it will continue to get better with age, much like my XDM.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I've been on the look out for one for about a week now! The reviews seem to be good plus kahr is pretty reliable from what I hear( never owned or shot one). I need something to carry besides a full size glock everyday. Hope you enjoy!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Congrats and i'm glad you guys are enjoying it! One of my good friends just picked up the CM40 and after so many good things being said about them i was excited to shoot it. To me it was abnormally snappy, trigger reset was long, and the mag release "sticks/hard to push". Not a gun for me, but glad yours is shooting great!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    To me it was abnormally snappy, trigger reset was long, and the mag release "sticks/hard to push". Not a gun for me, but glad yours is shooting great!

FYI- Most of those items are to be expected.

Abnormally snappy- Is due to the combination of a small/light gun and the .40 cartridge. That's why I prefer 9mm in that size.

Trigger reset is long- Part of Kahr's design which makes the trigger pull extremely smooth, but has a long reset. You have to take a full stroke with each shot. All of their guns have that same trigger setup.

Mag Release "sticks/hard to push"- Not sure about this one. Possibly just some lubrication needed?

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    Can't disagree with the CM40 being snappy, and definitely seems to be the .40 cartridge in that size. Agree on the trigger reset, though I've gotten used to it easily enough. I have zero issue with the mag release on mine though, the mag drops free with one easy press.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    I have had A PM9 and Later had A CM9. I did not care for the long trigger pull. Even after A trip back to Kahr the PM would not run 100% for me. I bought another CM9 thinking it had to be me. Both are long gone. They are at the top of the list for so many people. Just not for me.I have A PPS in 9mm I think thats going to fill the bill.The more I shoot the PPS the more I like. And is A lot more accurate for me.

erictorp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    I too didn't like the trigger, I had to really think about the shot to avoid pulling it low, and if it is my carry gun, I want to be able to react and think about everything else except the trigger pull. Sold it after about 150 rounds through the pipe, and picked up a Sig 938 Nightmare which I love.

Top Bottom