• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I keep seeing the scene from star wars where the emperor says he will
    soon have a new apprentice far younger and more powerful.

obama: "Soon I will have a new justice far younger and more liberal, he(she) will
    be a bane upon society for years to come, everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it. bwahhahahaha"

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, after the summers court business is finished he'll be off to the golf course and Obama can get on with nominating another person to the SCOTUS. Since it's a liberal that's retiring and a liberal that will be appointed there will be no discernible change in the courts makeup. Fortunately, McDonald will be finished before he retires.

From The AJC

WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, the court's oldest member and leader of its liberal bloc, is retiring. President Barack Obama now has his second high court opening to fill.
    Stevens said Friday he will step down when the court finishes its work for the summer in late June or early July. He said he hopes his successor is confirmed "well in advance of the commencement of the court's next term."
    Stevens' announcement leaves ample time for the White House to settle on a successor and for Senate Democrats, who control a 59-vote majority, to hold confirmation hearings and a vote before the court's next term begins in October. Republicans have not ruled out attempts to delay confirmation.

More at the source.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not just a 59 vote majority. They have the appeasers Lindsey Graham and Little Dick Lugar. No one can be too far to the left for those guys.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    So, after the summers court business is finished he'll be off to the golf course and Obama can get on with nominating another person to the SCOTUS. Since it's a liberal that's retiring and a liberal that will be appointed there will be no discernible change in the courts makeup. Fortunately, McDonald will be finished before he retires.

From The AJC

More at the source.

I was so worried that this would interrupt McDonald...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was so worried that this would interrupt McDonald...
    You and me both. Even tho Stephens is likely to side with Chicago against McDonald a change mid course could have skewed things and meant a delay. Thankfully he stuck it out. Now we just have to wait and see what kind of person gets nominated next go 'round. Obama's pick for the 9th is a loon, but the republicans will eventually get over themselves and approve him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom