• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbook1952

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    I don't know if its just me or is there lots of us that buy a gun and really never plan to shoot it? I guess in my case I just like to collect.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That's what's so great about gun owners-- they are quite a diverse group.

Some are hunters, while others shoot competitively; some shoot really long distance, while others do it for the accuracy. Some people collect vintage guns, while some collect them as investments.

Personally, while I can appreciate fine collectible firearms, I view them more as self-defense tools, and therefore I own only a few and shoot them often.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    There are not many better things to run across than a well designed,
    finely machined tool just begging to show off it's qualities.

I guess I'm just a sucker with a big heart and a skinny wallet.

I do enjoy shooting each chance that I can, which is not nearly enough.

Last edited:

BD63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I can't say that I ever could. It seems every time I pick up a new one I can't wait to get out and put some lead down the barrel.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    That's what's so great about gun owners-- they are quite a diverse group.

Some are hunters, while others shoot competitively; some shoot really long distance, while others do it for the accuracy. Some people collect vintage guns, while some collect them as investments.

Personally, while I can appreciate fine collectible firearms, I view them more as self-defense tools, and therefore I own only a few and shoot them often.

Why do you have to label all of us??? Can't we all just be GUN NUTS? :rockwoot:

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    I don't know if its just me or is there lots of us that buy a gun and really never plan to shoot it? I guess in my case I just like to collect.
    i dont think i'd ever buy a gun and not shoot it.however i do have a few guns that were passed down from my grandfather that i will never shoot.just because i dont wanna do something stupid and mess them up.i just hold on to those for the whole sentimental value.but then there are alot of folks that go out and buy these rare guns and never shoot them and years later down the road turn around to sell and make a profit.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I collect guns but I also like to shoot them, so I tend to collect guns that are shooters, and more on the self defense or tactical side, some just for hunting.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I look at guns like a muscle car. Why put in the garage for show. There meant to be shot, cant see paying money for something just to let it sit my :twocents:

TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies

I'm afraid you're that rare individual. IMHO, you can't buy just one gun and call yourself a collector. People collect for different reasons. Some acquire modern guns and generally shoot them regularly. Others collect antiques, Cold War Combloc military, or rare pieces, in which case they may or may not see a trip to the range. I've noticed that INGOers love shooting their Mosin-Nagants...I wish I'd have picked one up when I had the chance.

I don't know how much modern guns appreciate in value, or if they even do when mass produced, but collectibles will almost always get you a nice return on your investment a heck of a lot better than a savings account at a bank. However, not all guns are collectibles.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Me personally If I buy a gun I plan on taking it to the range asap (which im new to the state so I have to wait to get my carry permit:xmad:). I look at it as collecting but I just cant let my babies sit there collecting dust.

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't really think there would be a firearm that I would buy to not shoot. The only reason to not shoot it is because I can't find ammo I guess.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom