• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Just got back from the UPS store. Sent my Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm in to get it repaired. Was told that it will be there on Monday! I took it out to shoot last week and it only went bang every 6 or 7 pulls. It was not feeding properly, so off to get fixed! Good thing about the Taurus company, lifetime warranty for the firearm and not the buyer!

Will update when I learn anything! Cannot wait to get it back!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Did Taurus give you a call tag (shipping label) for the firearm, or did you ship it yourself? I hope they sent you a call tag, because if they didn't, pray your handgun doesn't get lost. You're not allowed to ship handguns through the UPS store (must go to UPS shipping hub). Also handguns need to go overnight.

ETA: Not trying to sound like a jerk. I hope your gun makes it safe and sound, and I hope Taurus straightens it out for you.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Did Taurus give you a call tag (shipping label) for the firearm, or did you ship it yourself? I hope they sent you a call tag, because if they didn't, pray your handgun doesn't get lost. You're not allowed to ship handguns through the UPS store (must go to UPS shipping hub). Also handguns need to go overnight.

ETA: Not trying to sound like a jerk. I hope your gun makes it safe and sound, and I hope Taurus straightens it out for you.

Well, insert explicative, many times. They did not send me anything. I shipped it to them. I do have tracking on it. Did not know it had to go overnight. Did not see that on their website...

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    This has me worried!

Firearms (including handguns) are not
    accepted for transportation via UPS Drop
    Boxes or UPS Internet Shipping, in
    response to a request for UPS On-Call
    Pickup service, or when presented for
    shipment at any Third-Party Retailer. UPS
    Returns Services are not available for
    packages containing firearms.

I am going to call first thing Thursday morning. Hopefully they have not shipped it yet. I do not know when there last shipment goes out. I know they are closed for the holiday...

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    Hope this works out for you, if not you could be in a world of s**t!! I know its confusing but read your laws.....Also Taurus should have helped you through the process a bit. I know S&W sends you the tag and detailed instructions including to send the weapon overnight..

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This has me worried!

Firearms (including handguns) are not
    accepted for transportation via UPS Drop
    Boxes or UPS Internet Shipping, in
    response to a request for UPS On-Call
    Pickup service, or when presented for
    shipment at any Third-Party Retailer. UPS
    Returns Services are not available for
    packages containing firearms.

I am going to call first thing Thursday morning. Hopefully they have not shipped it yet. I do not know when there last shipment goes out. I know they are closed for the holiday...

Did you indicate on any of the paperwork that it was a gun? If not, you may be ok. Calling attention to it may be a bigger issue at this point.

Alot of UPS' restrictions are just that, their policies rather than alw, but check the FAQ for more info:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...85-ingunowners_faqs_sticky-2.html#post1324458

If you do manage to get it back from UPS, you can have an FFL ship it via USPS for significantly less $, if Taurus will not provide you a shipping label.

Here's the UPS info on shipping a firearm:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I am going to wait until Thursday, call them, if its shipped, I am sol, but if it has not, I will got pick it up and go to my lgs! Fingers crossed!

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Just does not seem to be my day...screwed this up....and even though I have cleaned 6 firearms today, the 7th did not want to go back together.

I am trying to put my Mossberg 500 back together and I cannot get the bolt carrier to sit right and get the round stops in and stay in place. NOT MY DAY!!!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I am going to wait until Thursday, call them, if its shipped, I am sol, but if it has not, I will got pick it up and go to my lgs! Fingers crossed!

Check your tracking #. If you shipped it out on Tuesday, it was most likely picked up and will be in UPS's system. The best thing if that is the case is just to leave it be. It SHOULD arrive just fine.

It's not against the LAW to ship this way, it's just against UPS policy. Basically, if it got lost, they wouldn't honor the insurance claim once you told them it was a gun.

Truth be told, on inexpensive handguns I've sold, I've rolled the dice and shipped UPS or FedEx Ground (both have similar policies). I just don't bother insuring it and hope that it shows up.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I agree, the shipper wants you to overnight it because it is 10x more money to ship, but it does lessen the odds of it getting lost or stolen. I have known people who have sent handguns back to the manufactures and used the $8 freight and everything was fine. However if something did happen you would possibly be out a handgun. The times I have sent a firearm back to the manufacture, they have sent me a shipping label and complete instructions, so it was free, I just boxed it up and dropped it off at FEDEX.

Dave

Dave

jrockne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    The easiest way to ship it is to take it to your local FFL and have them take care of it for you (for a small fee, of course). The rules are different for an FFL to ship and they have much few restrictions which equals cheaper shipping.

I recently shipped a Colt Officer's ACP with $900 insurance for $26 total through Roby's Bullseye Gun's in Kokomo.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I returned a weapon to Taurus for warranty service. I called them to inquire about procedures and they gave me specific instructions on how to ship the weapon. They sent a pre-paid FedEx package with return label to me. The FedEx man waited while I packaged the weapon as per instructions and signed the required documents. The FedEx man took the package with him.

After delivery was confirmed, I called to discuss the prognosis. Taurus returned the weapon directly to me via FedEx. It was properly repaired, and has worked perfectly ever since.

If you called Taurus in advance, they should have given you specific instructions on how to ship the weapon. If you did not call them, you have a problem.

BTW, my 24/7 Pro is the best weapon I have owned. It was is good that I sold my G26 and have not looked back. Taurus did a great job repairing my 709. Now I have two very accurate, very reliable EDCs. Hope it works out well for you.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I returned a weapon to Taurus for warranty service. I called them to inquire about procedures and they gave me specific instructions on how to ship the weapon. They sent a pre-paid FedEx package with return label to me. The FedEx man waited while I packaged the weapon as per instructions and signed the required documents. The FedEx man took the package with him.

After delivery was confirmed, I called to discuss the prognosis. Taurus returned the weapon directly to me via FedEx. It was properly repaired, and has worked perfectly ever since.

If you called Taurus in advance, they should have given you specific instructions on how to ship the weapon. If you did not call them, you have a problem.

BTW, my 24/7 Pro is the best weapon I have owned. It was is good that I sold my G26 and have not looked back. Taurus did a great job repairing my 709. Now I have two very accurate, very reliable EDCs. Hope it works out well for you.

I did call before I sent it They were aware of me shipping it, I did not know inquire if they would send a package. I just asked if UPS would be ok.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Called and talked to CS, she said that it can take a couple of days before the firearm is checked in, that and current wait time is about 6 weeks...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom