• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Went out this afternoon to run some rounds through the new-to-me XDs 9mm (yep, went back to one, long story). Just not as steady as I once was, I guess.

Still...

7 shots offhand at 7 yards. Three in one connected hole.

Guess it'd hurt a bit, anyway.
    :)

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Can't seem to keep from pulling left. Kept kinda consistent, though. In the past I'd keep 'em centered and tighter. Guess we all gotta admit our age...

on the other hand, I'd think it'll do if it goes south, so I've got that going for me :)

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Kinda disappointed in myself, actually. Doug Larson just reviewed the XDs 9mm in Combat Handguns and got groups down to .74".

Of course I just re-read the article and he was using Black Hills ammo and a pistol rest.

Maybe not as bad as I thought?

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    See my last post. I can't seem to keep these groups as tight with a "traditional" striker-fired gun's trigger setup compared to something like my old revolvers, ie, the Nano. Any insights as to where to go from here, other than more practice?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    See my last post. I can't seem to keep these groups as tight with a "traditional" striker-fired gun's trigger setup compared to something like my old revolvers, ie, the Nano. Any insights as to where to go from here, other than more practice?

Just what, precisely, would it take to satisfy you? Good grief. :rolleyes:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm just happy with being able to put four or five consecutive shots in an area the size of a bad guy's head. I'm not too worried about being able to put all of them in his left nostril. :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I have days that I"m more "on" than others, just the way it is for all of us I guess.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I 've noticed the same thing. A gun with a true "roll" trigger letoff will tighten my groups in rapid fire, as long as it doesn't have any hitches in it. You're not as aware of when it's going to go off. My groups will be round in shape, fairly small, and distributed like a shotgun pattern. It's sort of like a cheater's way of getting a true "surprise break" on every shot when you're shooting fast. Now if I shoot a gun that has a crisp trigger letoff, or a very defined "wall" you come up against, it will allow me to shoot even smaller groups as long as the trigger is light. But there will always be that one shot or so that gets moved significantly off-center from the others, usually the one where I felt like I was up against some kind of time restraint and had to get the shot off.

And a trigger that is HEAVY and crisp? Forget about it!

If the triggers on Kahrs didn't stack toward the end of the pull so much, it's possible they might be the ultimate rapid fire trigger...for me anyway. I probably need to try and get ahold of one of those S&W DAO autos and see how I do with it. I never tried them when they were popular, because I was still all hung up on all triggers being "crisp" then. Story of my life, I never know that I'm interested in something until it's been discontinued.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom