• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    SR 37 near lake monroe. I had cruise control set at 80, Limit was 60. ISP tagged me. Had my 9 millimeter on passenger side hip, 2 extra clips on driver side hip, 2 shotgun cases in the backseat, several 100 rounds of ammunition on the backseat, and my dog next to me.

. He immediately got out of his vehicle and approached before he had a chance to run my tags. Turned off my truck, open my windows, and had my paperwork ready. Handed him my license and registration, he said, " I pulled you over for speeding wait right here.". The only thing I said was yes sir.

He came back with a warning, and said, " it looked like you were trying to get around the slow vehicles. Try to slow down, have a good day". And he left.

Can you believe it? I did not inform, even though I was open carrying, nobody got nervous, nobody got shot, and the best news is, nobody got a ticket!
    :rockwoot:

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    U lucky ! I got stopped and hadnt had a ticket in over 25 years, and CPD wrote me for 10 over. I was slowing down before I saw the LEO, cause I did realize my error.
    But that did NOT help. You need to buy a lotto tic. IMO

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    All in all I say you got pretty lucky on that one. 20 over is a pretty heffty ticket.

Glad that no one got shot, it's always a good day when that happens.

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    Wait a minute! You didn't inform? That's just crazy. And you got off with just a warning, do 20 over. Just think of what would of happened had you informed. I guess we'll never know.
    Great job!

James

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Cruise set at 80 in a 60 in a notorious speed trap... :dunno:

BTW, it seems the ISP officers in that area are typically very professional and always willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I dont drive fast anywhere, I am never in that much of a rush.

But if I was a cop, and someone had their CRUISE set at 20 over...

I would be ticketing.

Just sayin

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    Better change you vernacular before the clip Nazis get ya. (^ See, beat me too it) Glad you didn't get a ticket.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Lucky you I'd say. As broke as the gov is these days most cops don't cut no breaks anymore especially not for 20 OVER the limit. I'd say buy a lotto ticket for sure! ;)

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I got pulled over the a few weeks ago in West Field heading into Carmel, like you I was given only a warning. Before he went back to his car he asked me "You don't have any guns in the car tonight do you" I answered, "No sir, not this time." :)

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    Wait a minute here!!!!! You mean to tell me you were an armed criminal and and there was no shoot out??? What will the Anti's say?

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Like others said "you got lucky". I hope you purchased lottery tickets immediately afterwards. I mean after all if your gonna be lucky you might just as well play that out. You never know. I know I would have.

Top Bottom