• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Hubby and I enjoy going to the local Izaak Walton and practicing with our CCWs, but wanted something more economical so we could enjoy more. We ended up with a Browning Buck Mark LR .22. It was the one gun we both really liked and fit both of us comfortably. I have small hands, and he has really big hands. Hoping to go shoot tonight. :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Buckmark is a fine pistol! (Also a fine rifle...but boy are they pricy)

Anyhow, you dont NEED to spend money on a thumb-saver; you can get by with the lid from a pop bottle. Just put it over the thumb stud on the magazine and then you have a much larger surface area with which to push the mag. follower down!

-J-

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Wise choice to increase the amount of shooting per dollar spent. I have several .22 pistols for the same reason.

Those are nice shooting pistols.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wanted a .22 for the same reason. My buddy and I stopped by Gander Mountain on the way home from the Indy 1500 and I bought a used Ruger Mk II 22/45. Put a hundred rounds through it Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed it and so did my wallet.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Buckmark is a fine pistol! (Also a fine rifle...but boy are they pricy)

Anyhow, you dont NEED to spend money on a thumb-saver; you can get by with the lid from a pop bottle. Just put it over the thumb stud on the magazine and then you have a much larger surface area with which to push the mag. follower down!

-J-

They make a little red plastic piece that works on teh Rugers...I am sure one similar is out there for the Buckmarks.....I bought one for $2.95......works great......

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I wanted a .22 for the same reason. My buddy and I stopped by Gander Mountain on the way home from the Indy 1500 and I bought a used Ruger Mk II 22/45. Put a hundred rounds through it Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed it and so did my wallet.

I am torn right now between a Ruger MK III and a Ruger Single 10 revolver. Both are accurate enough to drive thumbtacks with. My son wants the MKIII. I want the Single 10. :)

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    I have a MKI, a MKIII 22/45, Buckmark UDX, Walther P-22, and a Single Six. All of these are accurate fun shooting pistols. You wouldn't go wrong on any of them.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The thing about the HKS Mag Loader ($2.95 at your local gun shop) it will keep your spring compressed without you holding it down. It worth 3 bucks for me. Enjoy.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Hubby and I enjoy going to the local Izaak Walton and practicing with our CCWs, but wanted something more economical so we could enjoy more. We ended up with a Browning Buck Mark LR .22. It was the one gun we both really liked and fit both of us comfortably. I have small hands, and he has really big hands. Hoping to go shoot tonight. :D

And so it begins... :)

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Had some Rugers (a pain to reassemble, at least for me), Walthers and finally settled on the Browning Buckmark. I really like it, but I think I may have got carried away tinkering with it.

Before:

After:

I do suggest you check out this link to improve your trigger. Its a no cost modification and it makes the trigger so nice and light.
    BuckMark trigger work - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums
    Its a step by setup with photos!

Also replacing all the factory parts made my Buckmark extremely light!
    Just thought I would share...:D
    Everyone needs a .22 to plink with! Congrats!

Top Bottom