• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I'm gonna step up on a cigar box for a minute..... and that in itself doesn't mean I have any expertise to draw from.... other than the fact that I can, indeed stand. :)

Disclaimer.... I'm not a gunsmith, I have never undertaken any mods to any of my firearms other than to de-burr, and/or polish a bit. or smooth a trigger.. but after many years as a toolmaker, I do have a fair set of metalworking skills.... and I'm NOT directing this at anyone.

Many folks on INGO have excellent gunsmithing skills, and have demonstrated such. Many folks on INGO have very little expertise in that area, and many folks on INGO fall in-between. The internet is a very neat realm from which folks can draw info on untold numbers of subjects, and certainly gunsmithing is among them. I just hope that everyone realizes that a firearm is designed to function safely with all it's components engineered to work within a given set of tolerances. If you exceed those tolerances, you may become subject to serious injury. With all of the "add-on" components available for many firearms, "modding" a firearm has become very commonplace. That's fine as long as the mods don't affect the safety engineering of the firearm. I feel like it might be in all of our best interests to seriously consider the potential ramifications of suggesting various "fixes" to a given issue with any firearm. Just because something works, doesn't always mean it's working safely. "Oops" isn't something that any of us want to hear, especially if injury results from it. Not to mention the possibility of buggering up an expensive firearm.

Shoot safely folks...... that makes shooting even more fun... :ingo: :patriot:

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I also sometimes wonder does the person know completely what they are doing during mods...

Looks cool bro! but will it blow up in your hand when you pull the trigger?

Top Bottom