Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Newsmax.com

Judge Orders Muslim-Turned-Christian Teen Home

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:07 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. — A Florida judge says he plans to order the teenager who ran away from Ohio to Florida because she feared physical harm for converting from Islam to Christianity sent back to Ohio.

The Orlando judge said Tuesday that he will sign the order when he gets the documents on 17-year-old Rifqa Bary's (RIFF'-kuh BEAR'-ee) immigration status.

Bary has been in foster care in Orlando while her case was being reviewed. The judge says he will likely turn over the case to an Ohio court in the next few weeks.

Bary ran away from her parents' Columbus-area home in July, saying she feared being killed for changing religions. But a Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigation found no credible threats to Bary.

Pray for this young woman's safety.
    If something happens to her, the Judge should be held responsible.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I guess we will see just how good a Muslim her father is. Their law calls for him to commit an honor killing at this point. And for the deniers, do you want me to start posting them? :D Didn't think so. They occur on a daily basis around the world.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If something happens to her, the Judge should be held responsible.
    But he won't be. They never are. That's one of the multitude of things wrong with this country. If she were to be murdered, (which I doubt she will be with so much attention on her) the judge(s) involved int his case will just go, "oops, my bad" and move on to the next travesty.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bear in mind that I am not intimately familiar with the details of the case.

We spend a lot of time complaining about activist judges, but it seems like this judge (in this case) is doing what the law requires, which is to turn the case over to an Ohio court so that CPS can get involved. His hands may be tied. Is it the right thing or the moral thing to do? I don't know. That's not for me to decide. However, you can't have it both ways. You can't have judges deciding on whether a particular law is just or not only when it suits you. If the people of Ohio are sufficiently outraged, they need to get their legislators to pass an Emancipated Minor law.

That said, I believe that there are things that this judge could do without compromising his oath. For example, he could find ways to sit on the case until she turns 18, making it a moot point.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm not sure that I disagree with the judge. Her parents have a right to bring their daughter home. It's not the government's place to decide whether the parents' religion makes them capable parents or not.

If there were documented threats or any actual evidence that the parents intended to harm her, that would be a different story. If not, then this would be a simple case of the government discriminating against parents based on religion, which I have a difficult time endorsing.

If these parents were Christians, and she ran away because she got pregnant and thought they would punish her, would you still be advocating the removal of her parents' rights?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    That said, I believe that there are things that this judge could do without compromising his oath. For example, he could find ways to sit on the case until she turns 18, making it a moot point.

He set several conditions that Florida agencies must meet before the child can be sent home. It doesn't appear he set a time limit on it. If it takes long enough to gather the appropriate documentation, she'll be 18 before it's all together. If they don't, she's as good as dead. She probably is, anyway. Some loon will off her sooner or later to make a name for himself.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm not sure that I disagree with the judge. Her parents have a right to bring their daughter home. It's not the government's place to decide whether the parents' religion makes them capable parents or not.

If there were documented threats or any actual evidence that the parents intended to harm her, that would be a different story. If not, then this would be a simple case of the government discriminating against parents based on religion, which I have a difficult time endorsing.

If these parents were Christians, and she ran away because she got pregnant and thought they would punish her, would you still be advocating the removal of her parents' rights?

Is there a documented history of widespread killings of pregnant Christian girls to redeem honor?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He set several conditions that Florida agencies must meet before the child can be sent home. It doesn't appear he set a time limit on it. If it takes long enough to gather the appropriate documentation, she'll be 18 before it's all together. If they don't, she's as good as dead. She probably is, anyway. Some loon will off her sooner or later to make a name for himself.

Exactly my point. He says he's waiting on her paperwork. Maybe what he's really doing is stalling.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Is there a documented history of widespread killings of pregnant Christian girls to redeem honor?

Christianity, as an organized religion (not as a faith), has plenty of history of brutality.

So what other religions should be considered? Since we're advocating stripping rights from people based on their religion, there must be some more we can go after.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Christianity, as an organized religion (not as a faith), has plenty of history of brutality.

So what other religions should be considered? Since we're advocating stripping rights from people based on their religion, there must be some more we can go after.

You continue to toss out invalid arguments. We aren't talking about the inquisition, we are talking about today, in the United States.

Yes, if there was a history of Christians engaging in "honor killings" of pregnant teenage daughters, I would be taking the same stance. Returning a child who has done something that parents of her particular religion are commanded to kill for, and are currently killing for, to those parents is reckless.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen

But Christianity does not in the Bible call for the death of this girl if the situation was reversed. The Qu'ran and Sharia law are quite specific on this topic. The girl has committed one of the worst sins in Islam. The penalty is quite clear. Her parents must kill her. Obviously the girl is quite certain they are going to go through with this. I don't think you can just ignore the fears of a 17 year old.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You continue to toss out invalid arguments. We aren't talking about the inquisition, we are talking about today, in the United States.

Yes, if there was a history of Christians engaging in "honor killings" of pregnant teenage daughters, I would be taking the same stance. Returning a child who has done something that parents of her particular religion are commanded to kill for, and are currently killing for, to those parents is reckless.

Should we take away gay children from Christian parents?

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." Leviticus 20:13

What about a kid who curses his Christian parents?

"All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense." Leviticus 20:9

I could continue, but is there any point? If you want to advocate this, you may as well advocate that we don't allow Muslims to procreate at all. I mean, they have a "history" of flying planes into our buildings. Should we just go ahead and put them on death row? It would be "reckless" not to.

And for the record, I'm a Christian. I'm no fan of Islam. But I certainly will not ever advocate the stripping of parents' rights based on their religion.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    But Christianity does not in the Bible call for the death of this girl if the situation was reversed. The Qu'ran and Sharia law are quite specific on this topic. The girl has committed one of the worst sins in Islam. The penalty is quite clear. Her parents must kill her. Obviously the girl is quite certain they are going to go through with this. I don't think you can just ignore the fears of a 17 year old.
    The biblical penalty for adultery is death by stoning.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." Leviticus 20:13

"All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense." Leviticus 20:9

I could continue, but is there any point? If you want to advocate this, you may as well advocate that we don't allow Muslims to procreate at all. I mean, they have a "history" of flying planes into our buildings. Should we just go ahead and put them on death row? It would be "reckless" not to.

And for the record, I'm a Christian. I'm no fan of Islam. But I certainly will not ever advocate the stripping of parents' rights based on their religion.

Again... been any stoning of bad Christians lately? There have been of wayward Muslims. And a recent history, in the US, of Muslim parents engaging in "honor killings."

Not advocating stripping parents of their rights based on religion. I'm advocating protecting children based on demonstrated dangers to their lives from their own parents.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

:rolleyes:

Parents rights? What about her rights?

She ran away to protect herself. She knew the consequences of her actions and acted to protect herself.

She needs to go to a foster home until she can file to become Emancipated.

If someone told me they promised to kill me you can bet I won't be going over for tea.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Again... been any stoning of bad Christians lately? There have been of wayward Muslims. And a recent history, in the US, of Muslim parents engaging in "honor killings."

Not advocating stripping parents of their rights based on religion. I'm advocating protecting children based on demonstrated dangers to their lives from their own parents.

Under this logic, any Muslim parents are a danger to their children, based on "demonstrated dangers to their lives", right? So should we just go ahead and remove any rebellious children from Muslim homes?

By the way, I would wager that there are plenty of cases of self-proclaimed "Christian" parents killing their kids for disobedience. It's just not called an "Honor Killing".

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1. Under this logic, any Muslim parents are a danger to their children, based on "demonstrated dangers to their lives", right? So should we just go ahead and remove any rebellious children from Muslim homes?

2. By the way, I would wager that there are plenty of cases of self-proclaimed "Christian" parents killing their kids for disobedience. It's just not called an "Honor Killing".

1. No, the children are in NO danger...... (unless the parents follow sharia law and the kids turn away from islam, then Hold on to your head)

2. Do you have any case to site or are you just blindly speculating to attempt to back your argument?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    :rolleyes:
    Parents rights? What about her rights?

She's a minor. Her parents call the shots. That's the law. If you want to advocate changing that law, feel free. I won't argue it. But as it stands, they have the right to raise her as they see fit. If they kill her, they should be punished according to the law. They should not, however, be punished pre-emptively based on no evidence other than the name of their religion and a rebelling child.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom