"which is corrupt as all of the President's Czars"

I knew I liked that guy for more than having a hot daughter

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    He spoke at the Viet Nam Veterans Association national meeting in Louisville a couple of months ago, seemed like a stand-up kinda guy, Funny, too!

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Meh, this guy hasn't had to choose whether to pay for groceries or a doctor's bill in about 50 years. Good for him, I suppose.

I was in the checkout at Tractor Supply a couple of days ago, and the guy paying ahead of me was squinting to see the display as his items were ringing up. He made some comment that he has been needing glasses. The cashier asked why he didnt get some, and he replied "Buddy, I've got four kids...my glasses have to wait."

Our current health care system is broken. There is price gouging at every level. (I work as a biomedical technician, I see first hand the outrageous prices that hospitals pay for parts and equipment, which of course gets passed along to the patients...$150 for a light bulb that I could buy at Radio Shack for $3, but its not FDA approved, so no, I cant use it.)

I dont feel that the bills being talked about on TV are the answer. I dont have the answer. But if we stay on the same path and make no changes, we'll end up in worse shape than we are now.

Sorry if I can't jump on the John Voight bandwagon...He appears to me to be just another out of touch millionaire with an agenda to push.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    why is it that actors/actresses with a liberal bent make it well known what there political position is and those that have a right sided slant may keep it on the down low for years, or never become a big actor in the first place?

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Meh, this guy hasn't had to choose whether to pay for groceries or a doctor's bill in about 50 years. Good for him, I suppose.

I was in the checkout at Tractor Supply a couple of days ago, and the guy paying ahead of me was squinting to see the display as his items were ringing up. He made some comment that he has been needing glasses. The cashier asked why he didnt get some, and he replied "Buddy, I've got four kids...my glasses have to wait."

Our current health care system is broken. There is price gouging at every level. (I work as a biomedical technician, I see first hand the outrageous prices that hospitals pay for parts and equipment, which of course gets passed along to the patients...$150 for a light bulb that I could buy at Radio Shack for $3, but its not FDA approved, so no, I cant use it.)

I dont feel that the bills being talked about on TV are the answer. I dont have the answer. But if we stay on the same path and make no changes, we'll end up in worse shape than we are now.

Sorry if I can't jump on the John Voight bandwagon...He appears to me to be just another out of touch millionaire with an agenda to push.
    i never liked the argument "hes rich, he doesnt have to worry about money"

he didnt get wealthy by NOT worrying about money. he started somewhere just like everyone else. my wifes uncle, who is now a successful business man, was in debt for many years before his business caught up for him. now hes quite wealthy but he still cuts coupons, buys stuff on sale. NICE stuff on sale. but no matter how much you have, if you dont use it wisely, it will just as quickly disappear.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I think Jon Voight displays something that most don't: A patriotic love for America, and for that reason i enjoy hearing him speak.

The answer to the "health care crisis" in my opinion: Get Government off the backs of the people. Government intervention in the free market (Medicare, Medicaid, FDA, government sponsored cartels like AMA, ridiculous diktats and over regulation) and insane litigation are the reasons health care is so expensive. Anything the government subsidizes, mandates, or touches becomes more expensive in aggregate.

You get government (especially the federal government) out of the everyday affairs of men and this country would flourish again.

The meddling monsters of Washington has most people licking the damn boots of their masters like dogs, Exchanging their souls for a hand out.

of course people say: "well, somebody's got to do something, about this or that". Like what, steal from one man and his family to give to another. borrow trillions from foreign governments, risking American sovereignty, and the devaluing our money, so that everybody thinks they have a right to everything. malarkey.

Stick to the Constitution.:twocents:

Ter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Pekin / Washington Co.
    I've never had much money. Probably never will but, I don't begrudge another person for having money and I sure as h--- don't think he owes any of it to me.. Rich or poor, a patriot is a patriot.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Forgot to mention that Voight was asked to speak because he was in Viet Nam, not (necessarily) because of his political views.

FWIW, the CEO of HBO is also a Viet Nam veteran; he spoke and gave everyone a DVD of "Taking Chance." Good movie.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    i never liked the argument "hes rich, he doesnt have to worry about money"

I've never had much money. Probably never will but, I don't begrudge another person for having money and I sure as h--- don't think he owes any of it to me.. Rich or poor, a patriot is a patriot.

In my post, I did say "good for him"...I wasnt being sarcastic. But I dont for one split second think that this guy has any clue as what the average Joe experiences nowadays. Nor do I believe that many of our representatives in Congress have any clue what the man on the street goes through on a daily basis. They dont represent us, the represent the lobbyists paying into their coffers.

He definitely does not seem overtly patriotic, either. He was obviously reading a script, and doing a pretty poor job of it. Dont get me wrong, our President is the Grand Poohbah of rehearsed and scripted speeches. Im no fan of his either. Im just not ready to drink the Jon Voight Kool-aid.

I wouldnt be opposed to driving around in Jon Voights car, however... I hear those 1983 Lebaron's are SWEEEET. (Reps to anyone who gets that reference...)

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    In my post, I did say "good for him"...I wasnt being sarcastic. But I dont for one split second think that this guy has any clue as what the average Joe experiences nowadays. Nor do I believe that many of our representatives in Congress have any clue what the man on the street goes through on a daily basis. They dont represent us, the represent the lobbyists paying into their coffers.

He definitely does not seem overtly patriotic, either. He was obviously reading a script, and doing a pretty poor job of it. Dont get me wrong, our President is the Grand Poohbah of rehearsed and scripted speeches. Im no fan of his either. Im just not ready to drink the Jon Voight Kool-aid.

I wouldnt be opposed to driving around in Jon Voights car, however... I hear those 1983 Lebaron's are SWEEEET. (Reps to anyone who gets that reference...)

So by your logic we should be giving people who haven't earned it anything that they could possibly need. If your feeling so charitable why didn't you go buy him a new pair of glasses with your money. That's right you would rather spend my money. You cant force charity nor should you try.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    So by your logic we should be giving people who haven't earned it anything that they could possibly need. If your feeling so charitable why didn't you go buy him a new pair of glasses with your money. That's right you would rather spend my money. You cant force charity nor should you try.

Where did I say that? Please show me the quote. I did say that the current health care system is broken and need fixing. A family should be able to pay for their health care, not be bankrupted by it. The government is already pissing away your money. THAT is what is broken. Hospitals charge insurance companies up the rear, who pass costs on to you. THAT is what is broken. If you think I am for more taxes or spending other peoples hard earned money, you are sorely mistaken. I am for a man being able to raise his family and hopefully afford basic health care for himself...We shouldnt NEED to pay thousands of dollars into insurance plans year after year, whether we see a doctor or not. I'm for paying a reasonable price for a reasonable service. Not paying $50 for every aspirin or $200 to have my temperature taken. Lets not even talk about how much money changes hands for a serious procedure. Its obscene.

Im not saying that the health insurance system is inherently bad, but its way out of control. The game is rigged in their favor and the American people are being held by the short hairs. The lobbyists shower politicians with money to keep the system the way it is to favor them and their money making engines.

Top Bottom