• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey Gun Laws Screw Over Another Innocent Mom And she was trying to comply with the law! As long new jer...new cuba, treats the 2A as a crime it isn't fit to be part of the USA. It would be great to see an admin where the DOJ would sue them and the prez would use his pen and phone to cut them off from 'uncle-sticky-fingers' trough until they abided by the Constitution.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I came expecting this.....:)

[video=youtube;LV7eoIUpWLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV7eoIUpWLc[/video]

And got this...

[video=youtube;CmDlVPfbiBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmDlVPfbiBQ[/video]

As Cheech Marin famously said..."Hey double bubble...Wait you're a dude...That's false advertising man...":)

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I saw that yesterday. There is some confusion at the airport about what kind of box the gun needs to be in. Hard sided and it's own, non-TSA lock. She had it in the unlocked cardboard box it came in. That kind of got the ball rolling. The NJ stepped in and it all went to hell in a handbag...and in a hurry.

What a God forsaken ****hole that state is!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I saw that yesterday. There is some confusion at the airport about what kind of box the gun needs to be in. Hard sided and it's own, non-TSA lock. She had it in the unlocked cardboard box it came in. That kind of got the ball rolling. The NJ stepped in and it all went to hell in a handbag...and in a hurry.

What a God forsaken ****hole that state is!

yup

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If Governor Christie wanted to curry favor with the 2A crowd he'd find a way to stop this prosecution dead in its tracks, and in a very public way. Seems like a good PR opportunity for his campaign.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    Another reason to stay out of New Jersey. Stupid gun laws that good citizens get caught up in, and Governor Christie. I will not enter the state of New Jersey. There is nothing there I want to see, or be a part of.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    New Jersey, a great place to be from.

Far, far, away from.

I bought my first handgun in NJ when it was easy. I only had to have a background check complete with fingerprints (not instant) and then buy a $2 permit for each firearm, from the local police.

HawgdawgLS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    US
    If Governor Christie wanted to curry favor with the 2A crowd he'd find a way to stop this prosecution dead in its tracks, and in a very public way. Seems like a good PR opportunity for his campaign.

I'm not a Christie fan but I believe there was a similar incident last year with another Pennsylvania woman. She was convicted and appealed and it was not overturned. Christie pardoned her after that. Now why he didn't pardon her after her trial conviction I do not know. On this case, though, there are probably things Christie could do to help this woman before her trial but legally there is probably nothing he can do until there is a conviction.

Also, it would seem NJ's out of state travel gun laws are worse than IL. Its only a matter of time before the NJ legislature is forced to change its gun laws.

Edit: I found an article about it.

Christie pardons woman arrested under gun law - philly-archives

Edit:

http://www.guns.com/2015/10/01/christie-grants-pardons-to-3-caught-up-by-nj-gun-laws/

apparently there were others who had their 2A right infringed in NJ too.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom