• Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Here’s some of what we found:

• Funding a pride event for kids as young as 3

• "Genderbread man" training • They ask employees to list their "preferred pronouns" on all communications

• Bill Gates is listed as their largest shareholder

• John Deere celebrated their accounting and finance team taking United Way’s 21 day "United For Equity" program

• When I did "United For Equity" program it promoted Ibram Kendi, the woke children’s book "Anti-Racist Baby", "Awake to Woke to Work", a podcast on the concept of "Whiteness", woke activist Robin DiAngelo, bigotry against Christians who supposedly have "Christian Privilege" and more

• The woke policies have spread across the global John Deere brand with many of their DEI policies also being forced on their Latin America and India branches

• LGBTQ & race based identity groups at corporate

• A total commitment to DEI policies

• 95/100 CEI score from the HRC

JoeSig

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2024
    DeMotte, IN
    @Leadeye would tell you follow the money…
    Correct - corporate sanitization (wokeness) with Bill Gates appointed leadership started at JD years and years ago. Microsoft, Google and large banks ruin everything they touch.

I feel bad for the workers and distributers/dealers. They did nothing wrong and will be the ones to bear the most impact for corporate psychopath decision making. Much like transheuser busch and their beer they couldn't even giveaway in conservative areas. I doubt JD will buy back any inventory that winds up sitting because of this.
    What company isn't pushing DEI these days? That may be a shorter list...
    Tractor Supply supposedly walked back on theirs. Only because they got caught though....

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They are building a big facility near Lowell.
    That doesn't make much sense unless there's a planned immigrant city going up near the new facility. I'm not saying that isn't in the works and that it's going to be paid for with tax dollars. I don't understand how they close two plants in the U.S. to send the jobs to Mexico yet simultaneously they're opening a plant near Lowell.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    That doesn't make much sense unless there's a planned immigrant city going up near the new facility. I'm not saying that isn't in the works and that it's going to be paid for with tax dollars. I don't understand how they close two plants in the U.S. to send the jobs to Mexico yet simultaneously they're opening a plant near Lowell.
    Article says its just a warehouse/distribution hub. Gotta have somewhere to store all the stuff made in Mexico...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    We're blessed to keep the low skill jobs I guess. Won't be long and the immigrant crisis will be on Mexico's hands as Americans flee looking for work.

Having spent time working in mexico, it's not something I could get used to. People who commuted across the border had developed ways of coping, but it was a tough way to live. I was just a temp.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Having spent time working in mexico, it's not something I could get used to. People who commuted across the border had developed ways of coping, but it was a tough way to live. I was just a temp.
    There's a growing population of Americans living in Mexico these days. The cost of living in southern California has gotten so out of hand that it's become more practical to go through the hassle of moving to a different country and commuting than trying to live in the country they're from and work in.

Found that out when I went down there a couple of years ago. A couple of the former military guys who decided to stay in that area were living just south of Tijuana.

Top Bottom