• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    As many of you already know Joe is beefing up his production and taking a more serious step towards making knives for a living. In my few years of interacting with him here on INGO I've had the pleasure of purchasing four of his blades. The first was a custom project for a short, fat .25" thick tanto blade that could double as a pry bar as well as a knife. Joe also recently finished a pair of knives for a teammate and I. These knives are still and on going project with dura-coat and sheaths to come in the near future.

In every interaction I've had with Joe he's been honest and straight forward and frankly just easy to chat with, even if it is via text ;) My specifications for the custom projects were pretty stringent and Joe made sure he had a full understanding of what I wanted before delivering an awesome blade each time. If any of you who have never owned a "one-off" or semi-custom knife are considering snatching one up, I would strongly suggest you look no further than LaGrange, IN and Cassel Knives.

cassel knives

Ok so I told you I bought four knives from Joe.... The fourth (actually the 2nd if you're going chronologically) is a mini wharncliffe style blade that makes the perfect neck knife. I wore it constantly for about 3 months and then moved away from neck carry. Since that time the knife has been hanging on my jewlery box (yes jewlery box, I like nice watches :D) I've contemplated selling the blade, but for some reason that felt wrong. Not sure if it's because I don't want to profit off of Joe's work (I'm sure I could get more than I paid, Joe sells his knives dirt cheap!) or what, but I've decided to give it away instead.

We'll do this like before and your post number in the thread will be your lottery number and on Wednesday I'll draw a number around mid day (I'll give an official cut off time closer to wed.)

Now here is my only request before you post.... If you're carrying a sebenza steer clear.... What I mean is that we have a lot of "knife guys" and one "knife gal" (that I'm aware of anyway) who have awesome collections of custom knives, high end production knives, bussekin, chris reeve, jeremy horton... the list goes on and on. I'm hoping this knife can go to someone out there who's never owned a custom hand crafted blade, and doesn't have a drawer full of high end production stuff either. So if you're trying to decide which busse this little thing will look best laying next to in your safe, think twice and let's let a "knife newb" have a crack at this little gem. I won't exclude anyone who posts in the thread, so if you think my request is nuts so be it, it's merely that, a request not a requirement, and don't feel the need to justify your posting, I trust you all! :ingo: Now on to the pics....

The winner is #9

TD12!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Im in

Well I dont have a Busse, but I have a Cassel.

2012-12-20210841.jpg

It would be an awesome pair with the reverse tanto Ive got and I would appreciate and use the knife. Just sayin ;)

I want to be a Cassel Collector!

When can I buy a folder? Ive seen the pics and cant wait to have one.

Thanks

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm in! Never owned any custom knives. Juts ESEE's and cheap bass pro knives. One of these days once I have the space and tools, I would love to make my own knives. Thanks for doing this!

TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    I will go with #12. Luckiest number out there, the only "custom" knife I would claim to be a custom is a H.E.S.T. from Esse. It was my first and only fixed blade.

Looks pretty cool and I have been swayed into a lot the knife world lately.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    That is the knife I have been oogling for so long :)

Would love a chance to own one, and my wife would love it if I didn't have to spend the coin. :)

The only other knife I own is a cheapo Kershaw folder, and some of my grandpa's swiss army knives. :)

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    In! Thanks for doing this.

Edit: are we supposed to select our own number, or are we using our post number?

Top Bottom