• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    Zionsville
    A friend posted this stand-up comic video on their FB page...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL8JEEt2RxI&feature=share

In the video he mentions that he was victim of a home invasion, but he's still anti-gun.

Another site gives more info on his home invasion.
    While living in Manchester, England, Jeffries, his roommate and his girlfiend were victims of a violent burglary. Two intruders broke into their house in Whalley Range while they were home. Jeffries was hit over the head with a machete and his girlfriend was tied up while the intruders robbed the house. They stole Jeffries' car, but were soon apprehended by the police because they were caught speeding. The burglars got a 12 year sentence for grievous bodily harm, aggravated assault, attempted rape, car theft and possession of a Class-A substance.

Jefferies' attitude baffles me. I can't imagine criticizing another culture (America) for being violent, while failing to prevent violence against my family. I can't understand how someone wouldn't want the ability to protect their family (and doesn't want me to have the ability to protect my family)

He goes on to equate gun ownership to slave ownership. Do people really think guns are that evil? Do people really think repealing the 2nd amendment and a total gun ban would actually make America better?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    He is pretty funny, but he really has to stretch the truth to make some of those jokes. It does show how far the facts need to be altered to make it sounds like gun control makes sense. He does touch on all the same old arguments for gun control. Like, allow a teacher to carry a gun and that teacher will be the next mass murderer. He does not address the idea that if a teacher were going to murder students, they would not need permission of the school district to bring the gun to school to begin with. The argument that guns only safe in a gun safe where they are useless for protection assume the guns are left out on the night stand when out of the safe and that everyone has kids.

The comparison of gun owners being no different than slave owners is what ended my listening. That's down right offensive and shows just how out of whack the anti-gun mind is. The measure that there were 10 mass shootings in the 10 years before gun control and zero after ignores the fact that despite mass shootings going down, the overall murder rate goes up. How many more people are dead as a result of gun control?

I'll give him credit though. He knows how to make an argument. He starts by telling everyone that not a proponent of taking guns away. He gets folks to hear his message through comedy and then slices the audience into groups with 10% of them being portrayed as dangerous morons if they disagree with him. He's a funny guy, but I wonder if he'd still think that way if his girlfriend had been raped instead of just threatened. The gun control folks like to delude themselves by thinking the criminals will always let them off easy if they cooperate and don't resist.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Watch Bill Burr, way funnier. Language warning

[video=youtube_share;x9iYvyffAh4]http://youtu.be/x9iYvyffAh4[/video]

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I won't spend a dime of my money promoting anyone who uses his fame to voice anti-gun rhetoric. I won't see another Liam Neeson movie even if on TV. I simply will not give these people a voice in my life, nor a fraction of a cent they would gain from advertising revenue from watching something of theirs on tv. Liam is a hypocritical prick and is among the worst IMO. I don't know this guy but if he is spewing gun control opinions from whatever platform his fame provides.... to hell with him.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I won't spend a dime of my money promoting anyone who uses his fame to voice anti-gun rhetoric. I won't see another Liam Neeson movie even if on TV. I simply will not give these people a voice in my life, nor a fraction of a cent they would gain from advertising revenue from watching something of theirs on tv. Liam is a hypocritical prick and is among the worst IMO. I don't know this guy but if he is spewing gun control opinions from whatever platform his fame provides.... to hell with him.

:+1:

Top Bottom