• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ok i finally got it. The original jericho 941 45ACP. first things first, i dnt like all black guns so im thinking of getting either the slide or frame refinished in hard chrome/SS. goin to take it out sometime this week. Im giddy like a schoolgirl right now!!!!

KW12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Northside Indy
    ok i finally got it. The original jericho 941 45ACP. first things first, i dnt like all black guns so im thinking of getting either the slide or frame refinished in hard chrome/SS. goin to take it out sometime this week. Im giddy like a schoolgirl right now!!!!
    Been interested in this one for some time. Please do post the range report!

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Where did you get it and how much did you pay?

Last I saw one was at Don's Guns years ago marked up way too high. The 9's were going for like $350 on gunbroker, almost got one but bought a 1911 instead. I'm still interested in getting one, those Charles Daily versions with the rail look real cool, I never see any at PSS.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I paid 450 after tax, but it is a .45 with the rail. All steel frame and is stamped jericho 941. I beleive the ones stamped jericho 941 wer the original jerichos imported, after, they started comin out with stampings that say baby eagle or uzi eagle i beleive. If soemone knows more about this please elaborate. Thanks.

Also i know this has been asked before but instead of starting a new thread, who knows a quality place for refinishing???? thanks..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Gunbroker has some selling them for $349. They are steel framed - not polymer. I'm not sure if they are .45 or 9mm. They ARE cool guns though!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    First - Congrats!

On the grips does it say IWI or IMI? Is yours a FS (mid size / semi compact) or full size? It's a very confusing system of designations. If it's the full size you have a real gem. I have one of the FS models, .45 acp, rail, all steel frame. It has one of the best triggers out of the box of any gun I have ever owned. My Jericho is one of those guns I would never sell / trade.

Edit: Here are a couple of good places for hard chrome:

ACCURATE PLATING AND WEAPONRY - http://www.apwcogan.com/plating-and-refinishing/finishes-metal-finishes.html\

Mahovsky's Metalife http://www.mahovskysmetalife.com/Metalife%20Finish%20Page%202.htm

Here is a fairly recent thread on INGO talking about hard chrome and NP3 finish's some good reading.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/231614-np3_vs_hard_chrome.html

Last edited:

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Thank you topdog, i beleive it says IWI, although i will have to check and make sure when i get home. Im pretty sure its a full size. its a fairly large gun in terms of full size, compact etc. I havent gotten it to the range yet, Thursday probably, but dry firing it, dont worry i used snap caps, it does have a very smooth trigger pull especially when in SA. Thanks for the info on the plating, i really appreciate it.

jtull01

Plinker
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    NWI
    If you like a Jericho, try a Bul Cherokee! Most ergonomic feeling gun you can hold. It is a larger 9MM, but a great shooter.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If you like a Jericho, try a Bul Cherokee! Most ergonomic feeling gun you can hold. It is a larger 9MM, but a great shooter.

Two completly different guns. The Jericho all steel, heavy and smooth and the Bul Cherokee polymer frame. But can you compare the triggers of both guns? Have you shot both guns? Just curious as to how it handles.

Top Bottom