• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I won't count him out. I really don't know anything about him besides portions of his family tree and that should not be held in his favor or against him.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    JNHO, I think there is still too much "Bush hate" in the US. I am scared of a D win, in 2016, if he wins ..... There are "better people, in the top 10 R, in 2016 .....

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    Won't vote for him. I am absolutely against families being perpetually in the office. It just shows its all name brand rather than most qualified. No more Clinton's or bush's. no more Kennedy's, etc.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I think it's more proof of the Republican establishments good ole boy club picking their new favorite team player. If he becomes the nominee in '16 it really just goes to show how little the "R" has learned after the last two elections. The guy I'm really keeping an eye on is Rand Paul. Not perfect by Ron Paul standards, but he might be a vast improvement over whatever the establishment produces.

As far as the family name stuff goes, I could really care less. If the guy is a good candidate then what do I care. I would imagine that little Jeb heard more about the inner workings of politics at dinner tables growing up than most of us will know in our lifetimes. It's always seemed so rediculous that we have such a double standard when it comes to families in politics. There's a pretty good chance that a kid growing up with an electrician as a father is going to go into the trade or at least try it out, or an engineers kid becoming an engineer, of a lawyers kids becoming a lawyer, but when it's a politicians kid we all have to put our tinfoil hats on.

:tinfoil: Lookout - Jeb Bush is going to get you. :shady::shady::shady::shady::shady::shady::shady:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    He's already advocating tax hikes... no thanks.

That's because the "R" party doesn't want to cut their spending any more than the "D" party wants to. If he said anything about cutting "R" spending he'd be thrown out from the old boys club. I'm not convinced that the current economic crisis will last long enough for the '16 elections anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if we're using a different currency by then.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    It doesn't matter who the Reps run, they will lose.

I don't think we will ever see a Rep president again. We'll have a full scale crisis first, most probably a currency crisis that brings the current government down.

Only under a new system will we be able to have anything the resembles a Republican from the past.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    That's because the "R" party doesn't want to cut their spending any more than the "D" party wants to. If he said anything about cutting "R" spending he'd be thrown out from the old boys club. I'm not convinced that the current economic crisis will last long enough for the '16 elections anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if we're using a different currency by then.

Yea, the Renminbi . . . ;)

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    The "R" nomination is already Chris Christies. Jeb is just flapping his gums for nothing, unless he is aiming for the VP spot.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    While Bush supports an immigration policy that would grant legal status to people who enter the country illegally if certain conditions are met, he does not support granting them citizenship.

Sort of sounds like the LP position to me.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Survived two Bush fires already. Don't want a third. Will not vote republican again unless a true conservative runs. Rand Paul could get my vote, but the RINOs will never allow it. If we unite behind one conservative now, we might form a successful Conservative party and save liberty. It could happen.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Survived two Bush fires already. Don't want a third. Will not vote republican again unless a true conservative runs. Rand Paul could get my vote, but the RINOs will never allow. If we unite behind one conservative now, we might form a successful Conservative party and save liberty. It could happen.

I'm not so quick to count out Rand Paul. Yes, the RINO wing of the R party won this last one - but all signs also point to that wing weakening and the libertarian wing of the party (under folks like Rand) getting stronger.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not so quick to count out Rand Paul. Yes, the RINO wing of the R party won this last one - but all signs also point to that wing weakening and the libertarian wing of the party (under folks like Rand) getting stronger.

He recently voted to confirm Kerry and Hagal. I can't wait until the next cycle where the anybody-but-republicans crowd starts dredging up these and probably future contrived "afronts to liberty" to dissuade people from voting for him.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

It could happen, but I have no confidence it will. If it looks like he is viable, the RINOs will put up three or four other Conservatives to divide the conservative vote. Then the Christie-Bush ticket goes down to defeat at the hands of Michelle Obama, the first woman president.

Top Bottom