JB Custom Pistols, wait it's a SBR wait, no its a pistol..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was on Youtube and ran across a video of the JB Custom 1892 Mare's Leg. I thought it was an odd rifle, turns out it is a pistol that doesn't require NFA since the reciever was originally a pistol. I kept watching cause honestly, I think it is ugly but found out JB Custom is out of Huntertown, just north of Ft. Wayne.

Wasn't sure if anyone has ever posted anything about them but thought I would let everyone know.

new-mare1.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5E_N7X8a-E"]YouTube - Trail Boss Test JB Custom Mare's Leg Pistol Exclusive[/ame]

Home <JB Custom website

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I could be so very wrong, but I see that thing as one BATF letter away from being illegal. I.E. they decide it is legal today, but illegal tomorrow.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Legacy Sports/Puma now offers a very similar gun called the Bounty Hunter, which they state "is considered by Federal Law a handgun, not a rifle."
    PUM_BountyHunter.jpg

I don't see how, since that piece of wood coming off the back of the gun sure looks like a stock to me... even has a buttplate on it. :dunno:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Oh my, a slippery ATF slope indeed!

On a personal note, I have always wanted one of these after watching the Rifleman tv shows.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Am I the only one that remembers Steve McQueen, He had one of those and a custom leg holster in some Movie or TV show in the early 60's, It was too cool then, they came out with a toy cap gun just like it, I had one, Boy do I feel old.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Am I the only one that remembers Steve McQueen, He had one of those and a custom leg holster in some Movie or TV show in the early 60's, It was too cool then, they came out with a toy cap gun just like it, I had one, Boy do I feel old.

Yeah, I remember that. It was a movie, it was too cool, and you're NOT the only one that feels old!:D

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    This is a pistol, plain and simple. The key being he got the actions before they where ever made and registered as rifles. Therefore he puts a serial number on them as a pistol and they are a pistol, no matter what they may look like.

I REALLY want the Marlin 45-70 version, which he doesn't make. Wild West Guns does, but it IS NFA because they rework rifles.

Top Bottom