• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    So every bald person with tattoos and an attitude is now a "neo-nazi skinhead"?

No, I'm saying he looks like one. And that's his business if he wants to. But at the same time he criticizes other firearms carriers for "scaring people."

Is your reading comprehension where it should be? I've stated this several times.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Good on you! It's 2012, are we not past most of this ridiculous narrow-minded stereotyping?

I agree. No more does anyone think of small town people as bitter, clinging to their guns and religion. No more does anyone think of an open carrier being an attention whore who wears a gun openly to compensate for his lack of manhood. No more does anyone think that, judging from his avatar, printcraft has some issues to work through. :D

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Just because everyone else does it doesn't mean we have to bring it here. I'm an atheist, Libertarian, gun-loving jobless American. Without facial hair. But not bald. Which box does that put me in? How would that weight my opinion of I was making open carry videos? I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm saying a community of people as generally well-educated as ours shouldn't need to revert to that kind of crap to voice their opposition to open carry.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Again, you're missing the point. Yeager has two criticisms of OC: tactical disadvantage and scaring other people. I'm simply pointing out his appearance--looking like a neo-Nazi skinhead--can scare other people, too.

And talking about stereotyping, Yeager does just that--over and over in his videos. When people objected to the inaccurate information in his ".40 S&W sucks" video, he said they all had small penises.

Yeager is a hypocritical tool. That's all I'm saying. You shouldn't take it personally.

Lethgar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Fair enough. I don't OC myself, but judging from the reports of those who do, it seems to have more to do with where you do it and your timing, personality, etc, than being bald and having tattoos..er..I mean "looking like a neo-nazi skinhead"

I do understand where you were coming from now. Level headed conversation! Who woulda thunk it! on the internet no less!

Carry on, everyone.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm a firm believer in the fact that people/sheeple will be "scared" by anyone that is in the least bit different... I'm 6'7", 345#, and have been told I'm rather intimidating/intense... in reality I can be one of the nicest, gentle people you will ever meet; however I can also be the most vicious bastard you'll ever cross paths with. To me wearing my sidearm openly doesn't really matter... sheeple are "scared" of me either way. :dunno:

I get sick of the argument against OC because it scares people... well, that's their problem, not mine! I realize that their problem could/can become my problem, but I'm not really one to overly worry about others opinions. Couple that with the fact that I do not feel that my choice to carry a sidearm is one to be hidden, or ashamed of, and people like Yeager just **** me off! :xmad:

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I get some odd looks when I walk through Walmart with my SBR around my neck on a single point and my drop leg on. I don't know if it's the guns or the cart load of bacon.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Just as long as you don't know the location, sasquatch! :): Yeah, at 6'3" and 225 I'm not usually the smallest guy in the room. One of my best friends - he lives in Atlanta, which is why he can still tolerate me - is about 6'6" and 300. I'm tiny standing next to him!

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    "Element of Surprise" Here we go off into fantasy land again! The tactical advantage of surprise belongs to the attacker not the defender! :twocents:

Top Bottom